E-2 ----Scorpion?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the light module (other than the bulb) the same on these two lights?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems we are both on the same quest for a good dual 123 light for a Brad conversion. I'm also waiting for a reply to your post, as I don't have such a light yet. There's also the TACM III which fits this bill, but there isn't too much information about it. YeeDude has one, and I've read some of his posts on Bladeforums, and seen their website. Brock reviewed it but didn't like it. I'm not sure why. The only other option is an Underwater Kinetics plastic light, but then you buy one, followed by an E2, and then you've essentially spent, well ~$100 for an E2. Like yourself, I figure a Scorpion or E2 is the best route, unless I can get more positive feedback and details on the TACM III.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damm, you nailed me Guy.
smile.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
Hi, I am confused as to exactly what you are asking. The Scorpion uses a bi-pin lamp, the E2 uses a lamp module without the reflector. The TACM III, standard Surefire's, and UKE 2L all use lamp/reflector assembly's. The easiest to convert to a single LED would be the Scorpion, I have stuck a 2.5mm right in there without a problem. A 5mm would require the removal of a bit of reflector.

Hope this helps

Brock

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info Brock. I didn't know about the lamp/reflector combines being used on most of these lights. With an LED conversion, you probably want to stick with separate lamp and reflector modules. Looks like the way to go would be an E2.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Addition to Brock's suggestion:
Would those dandy little 5mm
special reflectors from the ledlight be of any help?
(they certainly have simplified some of my conversions)
p.s.-it's great to have
the CPF working NICELY. :)

Brock

Flashaholic
The little reflectors would help on lights that use the reflector/lamp combination. I would say the Scorpion is the easiest to convert, and it is the cheaper than the E2. The E2 is smaller though, and better built.

If you are looking for an LED repalcement for the E2, check out the thread over in the LED area. Brad has made some and is sending me one to evalulate. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000291

Brock

Bucky

Enlightened
I think the E2 is the way to go. It may cost a little bit more, but it is a smaller light and will probably be more useful because a lanyard and beamshaper will soon be available for it. Plus, the E2 will have another advantage over the Scorpion with the high and low power lamps that are going to be offered soon.

The E2 offers more accessories and lamp options in a smaller package, albeit at a slightly higher price. Plus Brad already has the perfect LED conversion for the E2
smile.gif

Bucky

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bucky:
Plus, the E2 will have another advantage over the Scorpion with the high and low power lamps that are going to be offered soon.

Bucky
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I carry both E2 and 2L (longer runtime) all the time. You don't want to spend time to think which lamp module you want to carry for the day. 2L is very small and much more convenient than carrying an extra lamp module in film carrister (spelling?). Besides, E2 lamp module costs almost 1/3 of a 2L.

I also carry my batonlite as well, hmm.. just in case.... (always have excuse to carry cool lights). I really love the E2 LED lamp module created by Brad. Well, may be a 2L LED lamp assembly will be even better
grin.gif