Going to South Dakota.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Oh God! Why?

Going to attend a service school/convention at the factory that makes the equipment we sell.

Gotta drive through some of the most boring states to get there, OK, KS, NE and going to Alchester which I gather is a suburb of Sioux Falls pop. around 110,000 - geez!

Anyone know of anything I should check out either in the Sioux Falls area or within say 60 miles?

I don't mean to rag on Sd or the other states... it's just that I'm used to a bit more. (and I've SEEN OK, KS, and NE!)

Flashlight related: My ARC aaa won't be here by Wednesday so my Solitaire will be in left front. My Pelican 2aa will be in right front. My LX will be along as will my PT 40. Maybe my 4 cell Mag too... might need a club!

I do believe my S&W 469 is going along as well...

bwcaw

Enlightened
Definately stop at Scheels in Sioux Falls, they just built a new store, and it is *almost* as nice as Cabelas. They have a fair selection of Princeton Tec lights too. Oh, and welcome to the ole mid west!
grin.gif
enjoy!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
This may be it for me until Monday or Tuesday because I'll be in Motel 6 or equal tonight, and maybe not even THAT nice in SD (factory is putting us up somewhere) so unless I find a Library or something with Web I'm doomed!

Glad that Craig ended up ok!

See ya!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Well...

It was the Sheraton! I never stayed anywhere that snooty in my cheap life! Only problem is the wanted $9.99 for web access (see CHEAP above!)

I got into Scheel's with about 30 minutes to closing on Friday night. What a mind bending place! I found and purchased a PT Attitude (why did I think it was 4aa rather than 4aaa?). It is pleasently bright, but still with that blue to it. I just don't know if LED is for me afterall.

Because someone mentioned they are good cheap lights, I got a Garrity 2D (model name escapes me as I type this) at Big K on 12th. It has a non-momentary switch, and is pretty bright with the two HD batteries supplied. A pretty nice beam too.

We got home today because we blew off the Saturday meetings (saw and did all the important stuff Friday).

Upon arrival home, I found the package with my ARC AAA in it. Put in the battery, tested, and it will DEFINETLY replace the Solitaire in Left Front!

Can't think of anything else of note. Am looking forward to a hot shower and my bed tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.