time to update me

chetc

Newly Enlightened
its been a few years since i been here, but a few years ago i was all hyped up on the Convoy S2 + lights, i got a few ect, but now i really want to get another light or 2 or 3. lights that are a noticeably brighter than the convoy's s2 + lights. if possible to stay with the 18650 batteries and possibly under the 50 dollar range. so whats out there and where would i start shopping'

thanks
Chet

likw what,
Are you looking for just something brighter, or are you also looking for better CRI, longer runtimes, better efficiency? What's the distance of the objects that will be lit up? Do you prefer flood or throw in a beam? Also, what UI are you preferring? Simple with a few modes? Single mode? Or super complicated feature packed Anduril UI?

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
HE did say he wants something noticeably brighter, 18650 and under 50. i would recommend noktigon kr4. I carry it everyday, very satisficed with it,

chetc

Newly Enlightened
so far i do like what i see on the reviews that the noktigon kr4 is quite the light. i will be ordering one of those, anything else worth looking into, i am reading about the Sofrin brand, any thoughts

chet

chetc

Newly Enlightened
HE did say he wants something noticeably brighter, 18650 and under 50. i would recommend noktigon kr4. I carry it everyday, very satisficed with it,
i did look around for that noktigon kr4. did you say it was under 50 dollars

chet

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast

it is under 50 for now, you can add options and make it more expensive, but you really do not have to.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
If looking for a nice step up in throw and power, also from convoy, a c8+. If all you care about is throw and output, get an sft-40. If you want a perfect colour and Cri beam, get the 519a in whatever cct you fancy. I got the 5000k and dedomed it. This is the easiest ever emitter to dedome btw. Doubles the throw and barely lowers the output

chetc

Newly Enlightened

it is under 50 for now, you can add options and make it more expensive, but you really do not have

If looking for a nice step up in throw and power, also from convoy, a c8+. If all you care about is throw and output, get an sft-40. If you want a perfect colour and Cri beam, get the 519a in whatever cct you fancy. I got the 5000k and dedomed it. This is the easiest ever emitter to dedome btw. Doubles the throw and barely lowers the output
sounds like what i read about the sft-40 is a great light, i am curious, i never really worked on the light internals, are there any lights availabe with the SFT 40 installed

chet

chetc

Newly Enlightened
are all convoy c8+ throwers, not really interested in a thrower

chet

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
sft is a large led, it needs bigger optics, it is imo only beneficial when you overdrive it, and use large tir or reflector for throw, for flood and compact size several smaller leds will be a better option, their lenses aren't as tall, and with multiple leds you need to drive them not as hard, leds are more efficient at lower current. also drivers matter too, some are more efficient than others, kr4 offers a boost driver, I forgot to mention that before, it does offer longer runtime, less heat loses in the driver, but it has slightly lowered max output, my kr4 without boost driver, can literally set a paper on fire when fully charged, thou it has to be dark paper, i can literally start fire with it,

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
sft is a large led, it needs bigger optics, it is imo only beneficial when you overdrive it, and use large tir or reflector for throw, for flood and compact size several smaller leds will be a better option, their lenses aren't as tall, and with multiple leds you need to drive them not as hard, leds are more efficient at lower current. also drivers matter too, some are more efficient than others, kr4 offers a boost driver, I forgot to mention that before, it does offer longer runtime, less heat loses in the driver, but it has slightly lowered max output, my kr4 without boost driver, can literally set a paper on fire when fully charged, thou it has to be dark paper, i can literally start fire with it,
But a boost driver will have to be running either multiple 3v leds in series or a single 6/12v led