What LED lights have a built in Charger?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
I would love a pilot whale, but the cost is high.
Are there any single RCR123 or 18650 or other lights out there that folks like where the charger is basically built into the light?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
I am thinking 30 bucks, Cree LED, 1 or 2 RCR123 or 18650 or something.
? Anything like that?

Ryanrpm

Enlightened
Hard to get a re-chargeable one for $30....if you want a quality light.

Are you referring to ones that charge by cradle or plug and you don't have to remove the batteries?

Bullman

Newly Enlightened
The new Streamlight Strion LED is out, but is is probably more coin than you want to spend.

Raybo

Enlightened
I would love a pilot whale, but the cost is high.
Are there any single RCR123 or 18650 or other lights out there that folks like where the charger is basically built into the light?

You have to be kidding................Right?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
You have to be kidding................Right?

No. I really would love a Pilot Whale. Who wouldn't?
I actually might get one.

I was thinking that my father might like a good rechargeble light.
The Pilot Whale is out for that NOT because I find it expensive, but because he would, and if he found out how much I spent, it would anoy him. So, I thought I would see what was available for $50 or so.

Raybo

Enlightened
A few RCR123's and 18650's and you are set! (along with a charger of course) :thumbsup:

I would not bother with an "all in one light" IMHO.

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
A few RCR123's and 18650's and you are set! (along with a charger of course) :thumbsup:

I would not bother with an "all in one light" IMHO.

For a gift, a light that is all in one - that can sort of live in the charger is a nice package.
My dad is pretty smart, what sort of li-ion/flashlight package would you recommend?

Raybo

Enlightened
For a gift, a light that is all in one - that can sort of live in the charger is a nice package.
My dad is pretty smart, what sort of li-ion/flashlight package would you recommend?

Li-ion's are pretty darn cheap now a days and so are the chargers that go along with them.

If you can change a battery in a MAG (twist off and twist on), how hard can it be?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
Li-ion's are pretty darn cheap now a days and so are the chargers that go along with them.

If you can change a battery in a MAG (twist off and twist on), how hard can it be?
So who makes the standard no frills 18650 light?
Is there a Fenix?

Raybo

Enlightened
GTSECC,

Any RCR123 or 18650 light would be good for your dad. :thumbsup:

IMHO it would be good for him to have one light and two sets of batteries just in case, (one set of batteries in the light and one set charged and ready).

Raybo

Enlightened
So who makes the standard no frills 18650 light?
Is there a Fenix?

You might want to ask some other members about this. :poke:

I'm guessing, but I would assume your dad would want something in the order of a "floodish" kind of light (maybe a simple "Hi-Low" or three level light).

Keep him away from the multi-level, mucky muck kind of lights (I also hate those things, but that's my personal opinion)