Comparison, P60, P61, P60L, % LF D26 LED

NE450No2

Enlightened
Yesterday I recieved a Lumens Factory D26 LED.

So last night, and tonight I gave them a little test. All in SF with two 123 Primaries.

The LF D26 has a serious amount of THROW, compared to the others.
It has OK flood, but it shines [sorry for the pun] in the throw dept.

Its color is better to my eyes than the SF P60 Led, not near as blue, more pristine white.

It is TOO ppowerful IMHO for a "Personal Light", but great for a pocket, handy BRIGHT throw.
With "empty" 123 primaries it is not as bright as the SF P60L.
But that is not what it is for.

I really like it. Good color and great throw.

The SF P60L has more flood. I whish it was not quite so Blue, but it is not bad for a general purpose LED light.

Plus it can function with "empty" 123 batteries as a Vampire.

It is a handy "lamp" to have with a SF, as it will function with two 123's, three 123's or 2AA's.

The P60 has better color rendition/depth perception than the LED's [but the good "color" of the D26 is very good], and the P60 and 61 has a bit more flood.

The P61 throws a bit better, actually it seems to, probably because it is brighter, It does not seem to be quite the thrower the D26 is however.

Its super short run time, compared to the other lamps, takes it out of the running for a "using" flashlight, but I like it for a "bedroom" combat light.

In short, IF I only had one flashlight, the LF D26 would be just TOO bright....

I feel the same about a P60 bulb... The A2 with its low light white LED's is the best "Personal" Light IMHO. I find the low light LED's to be priceless.

But as a second light, for a compact BRIGHT thrower, the LF D26 LED is a good choice IMHO.

This is my third Lumens Factory "lamp" for a SureFire flashlight.

I have been impressed with ALL three.

Last edited:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I recieved a Lumens Factory D26 LED.

So last night, and tonight I gave them a little test. All in SF with two 123 Primaries.

The LF D26 has a serious amount of THROW, compared to the others.
It has OK flood, but it shines [sorry for the pun] in the throw dept.

Its color is better to my eyes than the SF P60 Led, not near as blue, more pristine white.

It is TOO ppowerful IMHO for a "Personal Light", but great for a pocket, handy BRIGHT throw.
With "empty" 123 primaries it is not as bright as the SF P60L.
But that is not what it is for.

I really like it. Good color and great throw.

The SF P60L has more flood. I whish it was not quite so Blue, but it is not bad for a general purpose LED light.

Plus it can function with "empty" 123 batteries as a Vampire.

It is a handy "lamp" to have with a SF, as it will function with two 123's, three 123's or 2AA's.

The P60 has better color rendition/depth perception than the LED's [but the good "color" of the D26 is very good], and the P60 and 61 has a bit more flood.

The P61 throws a bit better, actually it seems to, probably because it is brighter, It does not seem to be quite the thrower the D26 is however.

Its super short run time, compared to the other lamps, takes it out of the running for a "using" flashlight, but I like it for a "bedroom" combat light.

In short, IF I only had one flashlight, the LF D26 would be just TOO bright....

I feel the same about a P60 bulb... The A2 with its low light white LED's is the best "Personal" Light IMHO. I find the low light LED's to be priceless.

But as a second light, for a compact BRIGHT thrower, the LF D26 LED is a good choice IMHO.

This is my third Lumens Factory "lamp" for a SureFire flashlight.

I have been impressed with ALL three.
The A2 LEDs funcion as a much better battery vampire than the P60L. The A2 low-mode is the best and most useful dead battery sucker, hands down.

shark_za

Enlightened
I have 2x "D26-LED High Output Single Mode 3.6v-13V, Regulated Input"

I'm sure this is right up there with the best of the best though.
One seems to be a warmer tint, the other neutral white.

One is in my 6PDL and the other is for my Lumens Factory Seraph.
I see the regulation is slightly different on each one, when both driven by an 18650 the one flickers at first and drops to direct drive very soon. The other holds regulation for over and hour before a slight flicker and then goes direct.

I simply use the one with the higher regulation point in my 6PD with solarforce 1 cell extender (9PDL?) as my primary home defence torch.
The other one gets a lot of use in the Seraph with 18650 guilt free lumens ;)