Overeaters and Junk Food Junkies As Victims

Empath

Flashaholic
Oh, brother! Here we go again.

Self control is no longer required. Just remember; whatever your vices, what ever your weaknesses, it's not your fault. Someone else is to blame. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
Yeah, Doc, the reason I'm overweight is not my fault. Baskin-Robbins, Wendy's, Burger King and IHOP, they're the reason. They MADE me consume against my will. Puleeze!
They don't force anyone to come into their establishments. So I guess if one lacks the willpower to eat sensibly, then it MUST be the restaurants fault. What kind of logic is that?
Crazy lawyers!

Ed.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay... This is crap, literally...

If you're stupid enough to think you can go into a FAST FOOD place and grab a "healthy" meal, you deserve to die of a heart clog...

I know whenever I get a meal from McDs or JITB, I know I'm seeing a few hours of my life dwindling away to those triglycerides... How stupid can people be when they eat out with burgers, frys, and all the lipids they can ever chow down on that they don't know they're not going to get fat from it...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

It's like the stupid hot coffee deal... It's HOT COFFEE... It's supposed to be hot! If you spill it on yourself, then you may want to check your butterfingers...

lhz

Newly Enlightened
Nuts!!!

So now they're blaming the restaurants for their own lack of self control?? Must be the same people who want to lose weight but refuse to change their eating habits.

Maybe the shoplifters can bring a class action against departmental stores for tempting them to steal!

Darkaway

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
Look on the bright side: His goal is to end up with better food at the places. The guy himself knows it's BS. The thing that makes me sick is that someone could make money from blaming someone else for their weakness.

Here is my idea for the sign they should put in the fast food restaurants:

Fatter than you'd like to be? Eat less calories or burn more calories

This would then be accompanied by a simple chart which compares amounts of excercise needed to burn off different foods. (Ex. 1 Whopper w/cheese = a 2 hour brisk walk.)

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yea smaug, great way for mcdonalds to make people eat their bigmacs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lhz

Newly Enlightened
I can just see a McDonalds executive going "What, are these people nuts?? Since when did we claim our food is HEALTHY???" I don't see Krispie Kremes marketed as wholesome health food either. Besides, eating this stuff in moderation once in a while isn't going to make you fat, you eat too much of anything,even the healthy stuff, you're going to get fat. Hell, I know people who refuse to touch any of this 'unhealthy' food and stick to a strict diet, they're still fat and unhealthy, because they refuse to work out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you're wrong lhz...mamma says fast food is the devil...
they brainwash people to consume their food, and they cram as many calories and fat in as they possibly can.

people should drink water...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
you're wrong lhz...mamma says fast food is the devil...

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote Homer Simpson..

Mmmmm...forbidden donut...

B@rt

Flashaholic
HUH?

homerdonut.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

[ QUOTE ]
Smaug said:
Look on the bright side: His goal is to end up with better food at the places. The guy himself knows it's BS. The thing that makes me sick is that someone could make money from blaming someone else for their weakness.

Here is my idea for the sign they should put in the fast food restaurants:

Fatter than you'd like to be? Eat less calories or burn more calories

This would then be accompanied by a simple chart which compares amounts of excercise needed to burn off different foods. (Ex. 1 Whopper w/cheese = a 2 hour brisk walk.)

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea.
some people don't realize how ignorant other people can be about nutrition..when a person grows up with these kind of food establishments saturating the neighborhood and it's all you can afford --
if no one tells 'em how they gonna know?
(certainly not the school, heck, they serve this stuff in there too..)

Smaug

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Rothrandir said:
yea smaug, great way for mcdonalds to make people eat their bigmacs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised how much people appreciate honesty. I would probably buy more Big Macs myself just out of respect for their honesty. Most people know they are bad for you and are willing to accept it once in a while. For most people, McDonalds admitting it probably wouldn't change much.

To compare it to something on our level, I remember reading a review of a Streamlight, which admits that the brightness will dim down significantly and even says how much. Other manufacturers only state the maximum length of time it will run on a set of batteries. (sneakily leading some people to expect full brightness for that full amount of time.) Which manufacturer do you have more respect for?

In the instructions of my Pelican L1, they said for best battery life, try not to use it more than 45 min. at a time. They admitted that it will dim significantly after that. I would rather know what the 155 hours REALLY means than just an empty claim.

Same goes with McDonalds, in my eyes.