Need some advice

Fiord

Newly Enlightened
I'm new here but have been reading up on all the lights from the awesome reviews written. I have a question on which light would be fit my scenario so here goes.....

I'm a technician that gets in attics and under homes with tools and only need a small light which isn't more the $75. I have a rayovac that is 80 lumens and it's not quite got enough kick for what I need. I dont really need the strobe, SOS or beacon feature though they are nice. I really only need a light with turbo, high, med and low but other features would be OK.

Under this scenario what would you pick and why? From what I've seen so far the Nitecore D20 seems to be the one but I wanted advice from you all that know more about these lights than me.

Thanks in advance

Tom_123

Newly Enlightened
Personaly, I use the 4Sevens Quark tactical 1xAA with 14500 batteries for most
of my inspection Jobs.
This light is nicely compact and bright enough for almost all of these jobs.

But consider that the QAA isn't very bright with standard AA batteries,
so if you don't want to use 14500 rechargables, maybe the 2xAA, 1xCR123
or the 2xCR123 version of the Quark tactical series might be a good alternative.

Hope that helps
Thomas

asfaltpiloot

Newly Enlightened
When i'm crawling under homes i need both hands for crawling, carrying tools and fending off spiders :D
I use a headlight. Currently it's a Petzl Tikka.
A Fenix L1D is on my belt as a backup.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i would also recommend the quark123, its small and really bright, with the clip you can clip it on you shirt pocket and not have to go digging for it every time, its right there and handy, downside is that the batteries are a bit more expensive than AAs but rechargeables aren't that expensive, and 170 lumens sounds like a bit more than 80, should do the job, you may want the neutral tint if you are looking at wire colors and such

Fiord

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input so far. I guess in my first post I should have stated I despise headlamps. I will take a look into the posted lights this evening