Peak Eiger question??

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan on ordering an Eiger but I can't decide which size to get. There isn't a lot of information on the website regarding size, battery life, etc. I want either a 10180 or 10280 body, in either a #7 or #8 output, but I'd like to know the run times and actual lengths of these lights.

Do any of you gentlement, or ladies, have any information regarding this?

Thanks

Gatsby

Enlightened
You might want to check in the Peak sub forum - there are several threads with feedback on the various level and battery and beam and tint combinations.

I do think at 10180 at power level 8 is somewhat impractical as the runtime is measured in minutes, verging on the single minutes. I have also struggled to find really safe recommended charging solutions for the 10180 cells - AW says to use a coin cell charger but apparently the only one most people were using has been discontinued ... there are some interesting USB solutions but a number of folks use either a homemade charger from specific parts - or a Nana AAA size charger which appears to be a bit more juice than is ideal but absent better options seems to be what is available.

I'd probably lean towards the 10280 at least at that power level and realistically if you want a level 8 you're probably much better off at the AAA/10440 size body...

I'd been pondering a 10180 Eiger and the charging solution has me stymied for the moment, and I was looking at maybe a level 4 to make it somewhat practical...

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do think at 10180 at power level 8 is somewhat impractical as the runtime is measured in minutes, verging on the single minutes. I have also struggled to find really safe recommended charging solutions for the 10180 cells - AW says to use a coin cell charger but apparently the only one most people were using has been discontinued ... there are some interesting USB solutions but a number of folks use either a homemade charger from specific parts - or a Nana AAA size charger which appears to be a bit more juice than is ideal but absent better options seems to be what is available.

I'd probably lean towards the 10280 at least at that power level and realistically if you want a level 8 you're probably much better off at the AAA/10440 size body...

I'd been pondering a 10180 Eiger and the charging solution has me stymied for the moment, and I was looking at maybe a level 4 to make it somewhat practical...

+1 This is exactly right on all points. The 10180 is practical at the lowest output levels (even these outperform the original ARC), but safe runtime in a Number 8 Eiger with an unprotected 10180 is TWO minutes if you want to keep the battery from being damaged. Though it produces in the neighborhood of 100 lumens, and in this configuration is the greatest WOW light I've ever seen, it just isn't practical - especially because of the battery charging issue. See this review for more details:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/236111

Exact dimensions are illustrated in MWClint's product lineup sticky (but note that the Wide beam Eiger head is 6mm shorter):

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212589

Brasso

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 minutes is pretty useless. Any idea how long the 10280 will last at 8 power? I hope it's not 4 minutes.

Thanks.

gorn

Enlightened
My ORB Wee uses the 10180 battery. I charge it using the AAA nano charger and battery spacers that Rob sell with them. Never had a problem. I also got a 10180 Matterhorn body from Peak for a 3 led matterhorn (brass). That light is always in my pocket.