Did a little demo last night...

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother and I were standing outside last night talking firearms and I asked him how he was set for lights. Turns out he just has a mini mag, 2D mag (both incan) and a couple of little 5mm led lights.

Soooo, I show him the G2 I'm carrying, which has a Solarforce R2 module running of a 17670. After explaining a bit I switch it on and get a "holy cow" in response. After talking a little more, I hand him a TK20 next, mentioning the benefits of this light running off 2AA instead of lithium, and demonstrating the low and high. (in hindsight I probably should have shown the TK20 first then the G2, but oh well)

We'll see if this gets the ball rolling. He's wanting a weapon light, which I don't know much about, but the local gunshop is a good source.

I need to figure out a birthday present, so maybe a nice handheld light would be a good complement to whatever weapon light he ends up getting. I figure the best thing to do may be to let him "test drive" a few of my lights so he can figure out what he likes, because it seems that there's a lot of personal preference involved in finding a light that suits you. We'll see how it goes. I'm trying to figure out which light I might loan out to him for a while... :thinking:

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer lights with momentary function for complement and for use with weapon, unless you know he doesn't like that.

What tactical flashlights do you have?