Larger goggles home beacon ideas needed?

gav6280

Enlightened
Is there a cheap ish light that will give a nice steady flash like a xenon survival strobe but using an LED and literally just keep on going for days?

I'm going to gaffa tape it up on a flag pole so as i can find my tent at night when im pissed up at the Glastonbury music festival.

So we are not talking about an SOS or a disco speed strobe just a nice steady pulse like a homing beacon that you can see from say 100 meters or so. Maybe a q5? It's a 5 day event.

Thanks.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think some of those rear lights for bicycles with variable flash modes would work. I found one at a "dollar store" once. They usually run on 2 AA's or 2 AAA's.

Geoff

batmanacw

Enlightened
You could buy one of those really cheap red flashing leds that bikers clip to the back of their bike for riding at night. They would run for a long time until someone steals it.

gav6280

Enlightened
What about this http://www.preparedness.com/pe21misulire.html . It's a 360 degree beacon, the bike flashers are mostly directional. It says "The Pelican LED lifetime lamp flasher produces a light so powerful you can see it for up to a 1/2 mile. Waterproof to 500 feet."

Thanks, i think that would do the job perfectly!! and its not very expensive, hopefully no one will nick it as im going to stick it on a pole about 15ft up...

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at this product by NiteIze. It turns an Inova Microlight into a really nice beacon (the Inova has a flashing mode). I use one of these while camping and kayaking....they are great. Choice of colors, brightness and flashing mode. There is even a compartment to store extra batteries. You can see the blue or green from a really great distance!

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Glo-Toobs, specifically the FX and lithium models. They come in all sorts of colors if you want something more distinct like a green LED beacon.