4sevens Quark Black & Ti Pictures

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't see a Quark picture thread, if there is one feel free to merge this into it. I didn't want to put a bunch of large pics into the existing Quark topics, so I started this topic for Quark pictures. Let's see those Quarks!

Ti XP-G R5 Quark 2x123:

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
beamshots ! please.
A few out-door distance shots, outdoor shot with two or three lights per frame for comparison.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
Very nice shots, Wade! I really shouldn't post these for fear of embarrassment, but since in-the-hand QTi pics are still scarce, I'll throw in a couple of quick shots of my Ti and the old beater Al 123-2. I didn't mean to bite your style Wade, but guns, knives and flashlights just happen to be three of my favourite things. ;) Although I may have tried a little too hard to achieve the tacti-cool look. :eek:

The silver things are shiny and pampered, while the black things are well-used and well-loved.

I never claimed to be a product photographer! :crackup: I just shone a bunch of lights at the thing and tried to stay focused (which I still failed to do).

1256437064.jpg

1256391238.jpg

1256344762.jpg

1256358762.jpg

1256435294.jpg

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
MerkurMan, those shots are fine. I never claimed to be a great photographer or an artist. I get some nice shots from time to time. I wasn't that happy with the shots I posted. I was just taking some quick pics under the CFL lighting in my bedroom. I'll try and take some shots in my mini "studio" tonight which will hopefully come out a bit better. Just the light on a white background probably.

That tactical Ti Quark looks nice. I like the way the blue tail switch cover looks. :)

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great. :thumbsup: Finish is awesome.

I just shone a bunch of lights at the thing and tried to stay focused
Would you shine the Ti quark at a bunch of things and take a few more pics? Maybe a tree at 100feet, side of a house at 50 feet.
Please.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Ya lovely, how about some BEAMSHOTS??? (he retorted jealously)

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately, I'm out at a friend's house right now without my camera. When I get home later on tonight, if it's not too late and the rain has stopped, I'll get some beamshots next to a few ubiquitous lights for comparison's sake. Until then, just picture a brighter XP-E Quark with a larger hotspot. :eek:

LightOnAHill

Newly Enlightened
Just recently I picked up this Quark AA Tac to replace my Fenix L1d serving as nightstand duty. I liked the idea that I could have a momentary on in LOW LOW, and if I wanted the high powered light, it wouldn't switch to a strobe between turning it on and off.

This light works far better for my needs as the light next to the weapon on the nightstand.:D

The Quark's partner:
21e7n5y.jpg

Closeup of the Quark AA TAc
dxbhn7.jpg

On Turbo:
10yl9wk.jpg

With the EDC knife:
jfchw6.jpg

seattlite

Enlightened
Here are some beamshots, Canon XTI/18-55mm, ISO800, F4.0, 1/4, 18mm:

Surefire LX2-High:
IMG_4236.jpg

4Sevens, Quark TI, 2xRCR123-High:
IMG_4237.jpg

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
quarks a more of a flooder , LX2 is a spotter

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you all, for these beautiful photographs.

:goodjob::kewlpics::thanks:
_

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice beamshots! Yes, the XP-G in the Quarks isn't a big time thrower. As you can see in those beam shots you get a good sized hot spot and generous spill. I wouldn't be surprised is the Quark 2x123 XP-G is putting out more lumens than the SF LX2.

4sevens has announced the Turbo Quarks, these should throw much better due to their larger reflector. Can't wait to see some beam shots or lux readings.

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
Well, the rain hasn't let up, so outdoor beamshots are out for tonight.

I decided to grab a quick emitter comparison shot vs my neutral QAA. Both lights on moon mode. The uneven XP-G beam was my fault -- light wasn't aimed perfectly.

This illustrates the higher surface intensity of the smaller XP-E die. I personally prefer the larger hotspot of the XP-G. Also, for you moon mode lovers out there, time to rejoice! With the lumens coming out of the Ti's lens more spread out, it is much less jarring to the eyes in pitch black. It looks dimmer, and it throws less than the XP-E.

1256385441.jpg

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems all the beamshots I've seen from the XP-G so far are pretty blue, it's not THAT blue, right?