Glass lenses

THEluminator

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have experiances with those new glass lenses on flashlightlens.com? I'd like to see some before and after photos. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ross

Enlightened
I have a new lens for my Tigerlight and I am VERY pleased with the difference in the beam. I cant post pics but I can say that any lens from flashlightlens.com is well worth it.

Illuminated

Enlightened
I highly recommend the UCL lenses from Flashlightlens.com - they have anti-reflective coatings that allow something like 7-8% more light to pass through.

This is a difference you can readily see, and they make your incandescent lamps seem not only brighter, but *whiter* as well.

Great products from a top-notch supplier.

John

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just had my PILA done with the UCL. It is brighter and I don't worry about cheap plastic scratching or melting.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i've got some borofloats and ucls...

i love them both! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I have bought glass lenses from Flaslightlens.com for two mini mag conversions (Opalec)and for two C size mags and I can honestly say that this is one outstandingly efficient and pleasant company to do business with. I live in the UK and I still got my lenses in the mail within 5 days!

The difference in light transmission is noticeable but the best thing is the scratch resistance, which is particularly irritating on the original mag lexan lenses.

Doug

Tomas

Banned
I've only used the *ini-*glite glass lenses from Flashlightlens.com, but find them to be far superior to the OEM plastic lens in both transmittance and scratch resistance.

The only negative is that a sufuciently sharp impact to the glass lens surface can fracture it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif I've done that to one.

Are the glass lenses worth the cost? Absolutely!

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I ordered a couple of custom 20mm Schott B270 lenses from Chris at flashlightlens.com and they were definitely an improvement for my pair of Arc LS'. I highly recommend this type of upgrade.

Almost forgot... Mr. Bulk included a UCL upgrade from flashlightlens.com in the SNII I purchased and I must say that it's a big /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif in terms of clarity and scratch resistance.

-Jim