Surefire G2 ?

pahl

Enlightened
I think you are correct. I did not think of testing it with a megnet before I asked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Great, being it's made out of aluminum I won't have to worry about it rusting if it fails any of my water resistant/proof testing.

Thanks,

kev1-1

Enlightened
It is also coated to prevent oxidation...if water does get into it...good luck with the testing!! Perhaps you would like to remove the lamp and lithiums before the drop into the lake? I read a while back that a CPF member (sorry! can't remember who!) filled their E2e with water and ran it to no adverse effect (still filled with water!). However, lake water is generally far from pure and you may not want it on the reflector/123A's? I see the non-LOTC as your main source of problems.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
to try to waterproof your G2 you can try using silicon sealant (the kind used on fish tanks) to seal the rubber boot to the tailcap. it'll probably be as waterproof as you need it to be, and it can be easily removed if needed. i haven't tried this though, so do so at your own risk /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif