Surefire MN** vs. P** lamps?

pahl

Enlightened
What lamps hold up better. The Surefire MN01,MN02,MN03 type or the P60,P61,P90,P91 type lamps?

Looking at the way they are built it looks like the "P" type lamps have more to them with the reflectors and springs.
Do the "P" lamps hold up better to shock?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I think it makes little difference. The E Series lamps appear to be more robust if you can draw that conclusion from the lack of complaints about them online.
My experience of the E Series since it was introduced has never lost a bulb.
That said, we don't often get complaints about the standard body lamps either and from my experience this is also the case.

I would be more confident to drop an E2e over a 6P/Z2/C2
But then again, the G2(Z) and M2 do very good jobs at protecting their Lamp Assemblies.

So like I say, I don't think there is a significant difference - at least this has been my experience.

Al

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
MN** lamps have been reported to fail in the same way as P** lamps (die just sitting on a shelf). those lamps are the minority however, and if your lamp doesn't die after the first few drops and sets of batteries are put through it, it'll probably go on for much longer and survive a lot more abuse (in my experience).

i've yet to kill a surefire lamp that wasn't a dud to start with, even without shock isolated bezels. the P60 in a C2 i have has survived drops hard enough to put dents in the bezel of the light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
when I ask them why they don't have a shock isolated bezel for their 6P mounted on their carbine. Some have reported several thousand rounds with it mounted and are happy as pie and punch...

When they are stable, they are very stable.
When they aren't, they'll show themselves very quickly.

That's my experience and gathering of feedback of SureFire Lamps.

Al

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
People look at me as if I'm mad

[/ QUOTE ]
Well you are "mad" right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif