Where to buy a Surefire?

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Hello all. I want to buy a Surefire E2e with the Satin Grey finish, but it seems that most sites sell the HA version (I'm only buying this finish because its cheaper, but is this version bad? Any differences besides the finish?) I don't want to buy off Surefire, because I'm sure there are places that sell it cheaper. Any suggestions on the cheapest place to get the E2e, or any Surefire for that matter? Must be a reputable seller of course. I've been searching for sites for a long time and I figured I'd just ask. Thanks everyone.

alberto

Enlightened
Many of this forum's fine advertisers sell Surefire. You can find their banners here and simply click on the banner to check out their prices.

Otherwise, use Google to search on the term "Surefire flashlight" and you'll find other vendors. Two vendors that I've used for Surefire products are Tactical Warehouse and ProductWizard.

Viper

Newly Enlightened
I've bought all my lights at either Tacticalwarehouse.com or botachtactical.com.

Botach has some questionable service, so I usualy just buy scorpions or G2's there. If it's surefire or higher priced purchase, I usually go through tacticalwarehouse.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I guess I'm going to go with a HA version as no one seems to be selling the Satin Grey...is it true they have different lens? (Pyrex vs. Lexan) The HA version on Texas Tactical Supply is about as cheap as a SG on Surefire.com.

fishface

Newly Enlightened
The island group has the E2e satin grey for 60.00 I ordered
from them in past they shipped they shipped my order quick
I have an e1 satin I like the finish.

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, but I am sure it is in great condition.

BTW, I am not allowed to post links to new lights at great prices here. Sorry.

BTW2, get an L4.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strategos has new E2's in gun metal grey. Great company, I've bought from them numerous times.

LPS Tactical has the E2e in satin grey - $67 w/ free shipping. I've bought from them numerous times, no problems, fast shipping.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Is the L4 a replacement head for the E2e or an entire light in itself? I don't seem to find it on Surefire. Not released yet?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It isn't on surefire's website yet. The L4 is a whole light, and the KL4 that comes with it is a head that would work on the E2e.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
From some of the other posts I've read...the L4 gives about 60/65 lumens with 65 min batt life...isn't that pretty much exactly the same as the E2e? (with the exception of bulb life) But it costs a lot more...doesn't seem like it's worth it...

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
The throw is noticably longer with the E2e, and the color is yellower. I'd get an E2e and maybe a KL1 and KL4 as accessories. Check out LPS's website.

shrap

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
HAWK-HKG11 said:
From some of the other posts I've read...the L4 gives about 60/65 lumens with 65 min batt life...isn't that pretty much exactly the same as the E2e? (with the exception of bulb life) But it costs a lot more...doesn't seem like it's worth it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you haven't ventured into the LED forum yet...

Advantages of 5W Luxeon Star (LS) over incandescent:

much longer (1000+) hr bulb life (up to discussion)
regulated (doesn't dim)
white light, never turns yellow (but possibly with blue or green tints)
No filament to break

This is the light that is making people start discarding E2e's...

pal251

Newly Enlightened
strategos may be a great company if you want to wait a week before they ship the product

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where to buy....TW is all I have to say. Although TKL is a good person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifand that is a killer deal. On the other hand the L4 is way cooler, never have to worry about the bulb.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Shrap,

Do you mean the LED life is 1000+ hours or the batt life? I thought it only had about 2 hours of regulated light until it dropped below 25 lumens and no longer had much use as a tact. light...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
hawk, the 1000+ hours refers to the life of the led itself, not the runtime on a set of batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif if it was referring to the runtime a few laws of physics would have been broken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Hmm, okay, if I do a cost/benefit analysis, the lights end up being basically equal in utility, each having its own pros and cons. Now if both were the same price, I'd probably go for the L4, but since it's almost twice as much as a E2e...I'm going to have to go for the latter...