Ra Clicky Tailcaps

JJV

Newly Enlightened
So a fellow member and I are looking to make a trade of our Ra clicky tailcaps. I have a flush, he has a raised, and we want to swap. Trouble is we're unsure of the best way to do this. I removed the tailcap from mine, and the switch parts themselves are still on the light. The tailcap was on really tight and it took some effort to get it off. The other member was just able to remove the rubber button, but I cannot do that easily.

So, stupid question I was unable to find an answer to on the search-in order to do this, do we need to trade tailcaps themselves? Tailcaps and battery tubes? Whole lights? The Ra site has both the flush and raised buttons, but with no pictures I don't know if that's just the rubber part or if it's the tailcap with the button.

Pictures would help but I do not have any right now, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I would just trade the entire tube to keep it simple and not have to dissassemble anything.

Theatre Booth Guy

Enlightened
I agree with Yucca. When I sent my tailcap to HDS to get a new one I just sent the entire tube and button assembly.

Maybe, I'm the odd one?? When my Clicky switch was misbehaving, Henry sent me just the very back end Anodized Cap with the Switch installed. It was very simple to unscrew the original and screw on the replacement.

If you get the replacements off the Ra site, I believe that you get the same piece I did.

mikes1

Enlightened
Maybe this will help

The two smaller items are just switch caps that is what you need to swap unless one or both of you has the larger item which is old style tube, switch is not user removable

DSC_0060-1.jpg

DSC_0061-1.jpg

DSC_0062-1.jpg

Sorry if the pictures are a little crapy couldn't find tripod!

Mike

Last edited:

JJV

Newly Enlightened
Thanks mike1! that does go far in explaining what's going on here.

Question in general for all though-how old is "old style"? Didn't the Clicky just hit the market a year ago? Is there anything different (other than the removability of the tailcap part) about the two styles?

Thanks!

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
I am about to order the flush button tailcap for my RA Clicky executive, and I am horrified to see that shipping is $15 for a $19 item! This is direct from the HDS Systems site.:scowl:

mwaldron

Enlightened
I am about to order the flush button tailcap for my RA Clicky executive, and I am horrified to see that shipping is $15 for a $19 item! This is direct from the HDS Systems site.:scowl:

No matter what you order from them be it $5 lens or a $650 light, shipping is always $15.00.

It's really annoying.

You don't notice it as much if you order a new light with every accessory though... :devil:

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
No matter what you order from them be it $5 lens or a $650 light, shipping is always $15.00.

It's really annoying.

You don't notice it as much if you order a new light with every accessory though... :devil:

Contact one of the Ra Dealers they might be able to help you out. I believe Unique Titanium is a Ra dealer. I just purchased a Custom light from Ra and I know what you mean about the shipping. Especially when I see $5.62 on the USPS box I kinda wonder what the other $9.48 goes for. As far as the Light goes it's ok, just a lot of weak areas. Hopefully I'll warm up to it.:devil:

Quelalumieresoit

Newly Enlightened
Contact one of the Ra Dealers they might be able to help you out. I believe Unique Titanium is a Ra dealer.

That's right. I live in Belgium (Europe) and I've ordered Ra accessories from them : I paid 5,00 $ Shipping/handling cost. Fast overseas delivery, good communication, perfect in every respect...

Last edited:

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
Now I am really steamed. I got my "flush" tailcap from HDS systems-- IT AIN'T FLUSH! it is the same dang tailcap that my light came with in the first place. I can't believe I just blew $19 plus $15 shipping-- $34 on the same freakin' tailcap I already have! How do they get away with calling this thing "flush!" I now hate HDS, those buggers, with their dopey $15 flat shipping. I will NEVER recommend one of their products.

texbaz

Newly Enlightened
Now I am really steamed. I got my "flush" tailcap from HDS systems-- IT AIN'T FLUSH! it is the same dang tailcap that my light came with in the first place. I can't believe I just blew $19 plus $15 shipping-- $34 on the same freakin' tailcap I already have! How do they get away with calling this thing "flush!" I now hate HDS, those buggers, with their dopey $15 flat shipping. I will NEVER recommend one of their products.

srmd22, I feel your pain. But, and I hate say it, CPF is good enough to allow registerd forum members the ability to search threads. The so called "Flush" tail cap has been a topic in many a thread about the Ra Clicky. Call HDS ask if you can send it back via 1st class mail can't be but a few dollars, at least you might recoup a bucks, or sell it on CPFM I'm sure some one is looking for a Flush tail cap. Hope you can still enjoy your light.:thumbsup:

srmd22

Newly Enlightened
Yah, but who'd of thunk to do a search before ordering a simple tailcap, labeled "flush?" Anyway, I'm going to see if I can't send it back, but, really, why do they label this thing as "flush?" The only thing flush about it is my money, down the crapper:crazy:

Wow, this forum has great icons! Here's one for HDS::xyxgun:

Just kidding, it's not that big a deal.