LS white 5W resistoring/lifetime question.....

LukeK

Enlightened
Hello all,

First off -- it's official. You guys, with your lighting propoganda, have officially turned me into a flashaholic. It's pretty bad when on camping trips you are disappointed with a 6D Mag and wish you had a handful of LS mods.

My question:
As I've stated before I'm modding my 6D Mag to hold 1 5W white V3U (Thanks wayne /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) LS and 5D Batteries. I am not crazy, so i've limited the input to 7.5v. If I happened to add a .5 Ohm resistor to the mix, how much of an effect would that have on light output and would it affect the life of the LS at all? I personally have no objections with a 500-1000 hour LS. Sure, more would be fabulous. But when you only go camping a few times a year, using it probably 2-3 hours each time, then 500-100 is plenty.

My last question:
I am incorrect in assuming that the 5w Cyan's come much closer to the 100,000 mark than the white ones? I doubt they would reach 100,000 since that is a freakishly long time, but are we talking about the tens of thousands of hours range?

Thanks again guys,