Has 4seven's flashlights lived up to the hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfca

Enlightened
I know everyone betting on the Maelstrom being released tomorrow, so I want to get this posted before that hits.

So, what do you think? For those that have followed the releases whether moderately or obsessively how have they lived up to your (reasonable) expectations so far?

This thread is for those that own 4sevens lights only. I want to know your impressions, comparisons would be okay but I'd prefer for the thread to be dedicated to 4sevens only.

My Quark Turbo and 1st 4sevens light is coming via priority from Flashlightsngear. Waiting..

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
hype?

My quarks have done what they were expected to do; I wasn't planning on going and changing the world with them or anything.

madmook

Newly Enlightened
Thusfar, I have been satisfied with my 4sevens lights. I wasn't on CPF before they started manufacturing their own line, so I don't know how large the hype-train was for their lights, but I now own several of their lights and have pre-ordered a MiNi AA, so that should speak to something...

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
i have the quark 2AA Neutral white tactical light..and i love it. i always expect all my lights to turn everything from night to day lol but thats just me being silly. i love the neutral tint...

i think the maelstorm will be perfect, that will be my 2nd flashlight from 4sevens. it'll be my new edc ( looks comfy enough for me to carry ) 500 lumens in my pocket...and possibly 700 lumens..can we say wow? ( would love a neutral tint verison also )

my 3rd will be a 123 mini and also maybe a AA mini. these lights are great for key chains. because sometimes i just run out of the house real " quick " and dont bring my other lights so i'd like to have 189 lumens on my keychain just in case...and of course the wow factor of " whattt the ? from that keychain light?" and a strobe hidden just in case i need to use it.

i like the preon..but i cant find my self spending 29+11+7=47 dollars or 49 dollars for a small flashlight! i know..kinda stupid but thats why i never bought the LD01 from fenix..just wish it was cheaper...oh well i'll end up buying it as a gift for someone, because they must have a clicky on their keychain.

The RGB...hmm i dont find it nessiary for me to have a red blue or green light, but having a floody bright light would be sweet! so i wanna see the beam shots for these...but then again...if i had a floody light it would be my number one used light...so i perfer it in a 2AA format that way i can use my eneloops i dont use li ions...but! the maelstorm should be pretty floody...so...i might just have to get in to li ions..and hope i dont blow my self up.

prism is an awsome idea. but i need to buy a reg quark 123 and buy the prisim...that can wait...

the 123 turbo is sexy! and that will probably be my 4th purchase from 4 sevens. i love the tail cap button on it. looks very familar to the maelstorm..

lived up to the hype so far? i say yes,

is he done making flashlights after the 12/3 release date? i dont think so...

Burgess

Flashaholic
Here's my "view" on this subject . . . .

I've been a Flashaholic for 50 years now.

My 4Sevens Quark Titanium 2xAA Regular (s.n. 509 of 750)
is the nicest flashlight that i've ever owned.

Been EDC carrying it for nearly 3 weeks, so far.

And it impresses me more and more every day.

Good work, David.

:goodjob::thanks:

_

divechief

Newly Enlightened
Fenix P3d, my first quality work light (I work in a factory maintenance type of setting (actually I work in ship engine rooms but kind of the same thing). 4 sevens Quark AA with a 10500 battery replaced it (I keep my fenix in my locker in case I forget to charge, or over use my quark)

I considered a Preon for EDC. almost flipped the switch then I learned about the IluminiTI. After reading the reviews I think I am glad I was hesitant. on th Preon. anxiously awaiting the IlluminaTI, but I love my 4 sevens..

and I am looking forward to seeing how my ROP lights up the bilges <G>

adnj

Enlightened
Perfect? No. But the price, function and performance are what I expect. I also appreciate that the Quarks are slimmer than most of the other CR123 lights that I own.

strinq

Enlightened
My only Quark light is the 123 Ti. Always thought that I'd keep it as a shelf queen but somehow these days i seem to always slip it into my pocket before leaving the house (in it's holster of course). Not because i think that i'll need to use the light, but just because it's...pretty... :whistle:

Anyways, been impressed at the beam pattern and am used to the UI so yeah, they're great so far.

bernards

Newly Enlightened
Speed to market, price, customer service seem to be great. My Quark set when it arrived was all gummy in the threads and had a ding on the body. Kinda like what I would expect from those $10 DX lights. I guess improvements can be made in this area.

boojum

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about "hype", but as others have said, they've performed the way they were advertised.
Here's my "view" on this subject . . . .

I've been a Flashaholic for 50 years now.

My 4Sevens Quark Titanium 2xAA Regular (s.n. 509 of 750)
is the nicest flashlight that i've ever owned.

Been EDC carrying it for nearly 3 weeks, so far.

And it impresses me more and more every day.

My only Quark light is the 123 Ti. Always thought that I'd keep it as a shelf queen but somehow these days i seem to always slip it into my pocket before leaving the house (in it's holster of course).

I've been EDC carrying the Ti Quark 123 since I got it (prefer this to the 2xAA model that I also have, both lights in the Tactical version).

Speed to market, price, customer service seem to be great. My Quark set when it arrived was all gummy in the threads and had a ding on the body. Kinda like what I would expect from those $10 DX lights. I guess improvements can be made in this area.

I didn't find any dings on the bodies of my 4Sevens lights; everything that was shipped was carefully packed. I like the square threads. These weren't "gummy", but the thread action was a bit rougher than I expected, so I followed the recommendations in the Quark Titanium thread at the CPF Marketplace and used an inexpensive dental pick set to gently smooth off any rough bits. Then, I simply twisted the threaded heads several times to smooth things off. Finally, I applied a light coating of Krytox lubricant that I ordered from a member in the CPF Marketplace forum. The beams on the Quarks that I have are great.

mbw_151

Enlightened
I've managed to accumulate 4 Quarks all neutral white; two AA, a 123 and a 123 Tactical. I EDC the Tactical and one of the AAs does nightly "Moon mode" duty. I got the tint I want, a great UI and at a cost that's 1/3 of my Milky modified HDS or Malkoff M60W/Surefires. My early impression is "These are great!" Now comes the hard part, holding up for the long haul of daily use. The HDS and Malkoff/Surefires have set the bar really high in the reliability/durability department. Ask again in a year.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
It'd be difficult to live up to that much hype. There's been a ton of it.
My answer to the OP is almost. Considering how much there has been that's pretty good.

Has it lived up to my expectations? No; but my expectations are far beyond the "common" flashaholic's expectations. Only a couple production companies have ever exceeded my expectations.

amigafan2003

Enlightened
Quark AA2 and 1232 Turbo here.

I didn't buy them for the hype - I bought them because they were the two lights that seemed to fit in with my required use. And now I have them I can say I'm massively impressed with the build quality, the packaging, the included accessories the tints and the best beam patterns I have ever seen.

Can't comment on customer service as I haven't had a need to use it but it doesn't seem anyone else has any issues.

I'm impressed enough with the two 4Sevens lights I already have to put the Preon kit, Prism kit and a Mini AA on the xmas list I gave to the wife :)

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
They do just what they are suppose to and at a great price.

Would have preferred HA natural, satin Ti finish and a couple of other small things, but all in all they are great lights at good prices.

Currently EDC a neutral white tac AA Quark since it does almost everything I want it to.

Sverre

ubetit

Newly Enlightened
Quark Ti - I love the tactical 123. I have various models but that is my favorite by far.

Quark AAx2 Turbo and 18650 tube - I find myself using this more than some of my bigger lights anymore when i'm outside... very nice. Great regulation with the AA2 head and 18650.

Preon I - I don't love it. I'm waiting on the clicky though and that may save it. Mine is hard to turn on and is finicky. I have to really twist the head hard to get contact. It's small but almost too small for me. I have really high hopes that the MiNi 123 and MiNi AA are more my style.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
q-w-aa-t. q-w-2cr123-r, q-ti-aa-r,

ordered prism, miniAA warm tint.

thinking about if i should be getting one more warm tint model.. (i like the warm tints) and the 18650 body too. maelstorm maybe too. preon almost bought it. well.. actually very likely buy it later on when i get some extra fun money to spend. hah. or ask one for xmas present.

hype. not sure if there has been that much of it. or am i blind to it?

i saw the promoted features. size runtime functions warranty tint ui all seemed to fill my needs well enough.

i bought one (the tactical).. then the others as i got 1st hand proof they seem to be fine.

we will know better next summer after we all have used them enough. for now, they seem to be filling my expectations.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
hype sort of has a negative connotation. 4sevens definitely gets alot of attention.

i think in general they do as advertised.

i'm very happy with my quark 2aa tac. it's so versatile and if i had to pick only one, it would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.