< $100 Christmas Gift?

megadork

Newly Enlightened
Alright- I'm really new to LED Flashlights. I'm wanting to get an LED flashlight for my father in law. The brighter the better. I have about a $100 budget on this. Only requirement is AA or AAA batteries for power source. What are your recommendations?

:twothumbs Thanks!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If your father-in-law is not a technical person, a simpler light would be a better choice. Something along the lines of a Jetbeam Element, Quark Mini, or Nitecore EZ..

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
ITP A6 polestar sounds like it might fit the bill. Super bright and uses AA's and under 100 bucks.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
How technical is your father-in-law? Would he like a light which he can program everything or has many modes, or would he prefer a simple on/off or 2 mode light?

The Nitecore EZAA could be a nice light if you want something small for him.

:welcome:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
The brighter the better

I think the OP has to get a bit more specific. If this is the only criteria we have to go by besides AA's, than an MC-E light would seem to fit the bill.

However, maybe he does want an EDC, who knows.

carrot

Flashaholic
I think he will love the new 4sevens Preon 2AAA Ti. Everyone loves titanium, and the penlight form factor will make its 160 lumens even more impressive. The pocket clip and slim size will mean he will carry it all the time, and even better, it's under $65.