Flashlight Advice

babyblade

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I've spent all of my free time and some of my work time researching flashlights. I want to buy my 1st decent LED flash light to use when walking home along unlit country roads and through woodland.
I have decided and then changed my mind as I found out more probably 10 times now and my misses is ready to strangle me if I even look like I'm going to mention anything to do with flashlights. I like the LED Lensers just because you can alter the beam, but I like the sound of the light output of the Eagle Tac P20A2 for it's size, but I'm concerned the beam may be too tight after reading a review on light-reviews.com that says the beam profile is 'tight spot'. I want to be able to power the flash light from NI-Mh AA batteries as I alway have lots of them around for digital cameras. I don't want it to be too big as I'll not end up taking it out with me and I'd like to spend no more than about £50.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :twothumbs

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Most of the lights have spill, which means you will be able to see things near with the spill, and far with the hotspot. The LEDlenser has an adjustable beam, but it also uses an optic, which means no spill.

A 1 AA light might be good for you. Small enough to have on you most of the time, bright enough for most tasks, and runs on batteries that you have. 2AA will provide more output and runtime, and some of the 1 AA lights have a compatible 2 AA body, so you can have both.

Check out the Nitecore EZAA, Nitecore D10, Fenix LD10, Quark AA, Jetbeam Jet I, Lumapower Connexion, iTP C7, Liteflux LF5XT, Olight T15.

The smaller lights usually have a wider beam because of the wider reflector.

:welcome:

bluepilgrim

Enlightened
I just got one of these -- $19.75 before discount. It's beautiful for lonely roads and woods, and quite bright. It'll leave you enough money left over to get something else in the future when you can mull it over.

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-178/**NEW**-Romisen-RC-dsh-G2-II/Detail

* This customized RC-G2 uses a Cree XR-E Q3-5C warm neutral white emitter and the latest driver*

* LED type: Premium Cree XR-E Q3-5C
* Orange peel aluminum alloy reflector
* Tactical momentary-on forward switch
* Glass Lens