Is there a non-Luxeon (1) 123A cell light?

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering if there was a (very) small one to three LED (3 or 5mm) light using a single 123A cell?

Something like a CMG Ultra w/123A cell.

Something with excellent runtime...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-john

ChrisA

Enlightened
AFAIR one of the new Streamlights is a single 123 cell setup. One incandescent lamp and three 5mm LEDs.
The red Inova X5T is apparently also using only one 123 cell to power the LEDs. But that's all I can think of... I'd love to buy a regulated, shortened Inova X3 (three 5mm LEDs) with only one 123 cell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Chris

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1 L Streamlight Twin-Task is only $20 or so. Three LED's and a very useful Xenon. Great quality.

Brightguy has them.

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Streamlight seem a bit big. The SF L1 would probably also work on "low" mode, but also suffers the size issue.

I recall Don had hacked a E1 with a Newbeam. I don't recall seeing how hard it was. Seems like it might be more acceptable size, but still not tiny.

The other thought I had was to get one of the Firefly and turn down the module very low. I'm not sure what that would do with the runtime - I assume it would probably be pretty good.

The bummer is all of these solutions seem pretty expensive, and in all but the Firefly are pretty large.

-john