Versati switch fix

gorn

Enlightened
I received my Versati ET10 from Fenix Outfitters. My first overall impressions were that this was the nicest AAA light in my collection. The knurling is very aggressive and I could see it tearing up other items in your pocket. Some of the edges are fairly sharp. As soon as I started to thread the head onto the body it fired up in high mode. The threads are filthy and need a good cleaning, they are really rough, and probably the worst I have ever felt on any of my lights.

The light would not change modes at all. It worked only on high. I looked at the inside of the head and saw 4 brass contact pins that are embedded in a clear plastic disk. I noticed that one of the pins was larger than the others. Looking at the PC board beneath the plastic disk I saw that there was a gold ring etched into the board that went around most of the head. In the open area there was a gold contact pad. I figured the big pin should be aligned with the pad. I used a needle and without much force was able to rotate the plastic disk to the big pin aligned with the pad.

Now the light works as it is supposed to. This floody light puts out one of the nicest beams of this type that I have ever seen. At $35 it was a great deal. If I would have paid retail and had to screw with it to make it work I would not have been too happy. Versati apparently has some pretty poor QC from the many complaints I've seen posted.

Versati.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture, I've never used macro on this camera before.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Clean the threads real good (I used a toothbrush on the body threads and toothpick and Q-Tip in the head) and relube them. My 2 got a lot better with a little use. :D

fnj

Enlightened
Thanks much for this tip! I have yet to get any light at all out of either of mine.

Somebody who is mechanically good stands to run a nice little business fixing all of these.