KL1 mod ??

dtsoll

Enlightened
I have a KL1 that has no loctite on it and it is easy to get open. Who would I go to to have a white, real white maybe even HD if that is even possible put into it? What are my options including leaving it as it is if that would be the best. thanks for the forum. Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi Dtsoll
I have opened my KL1 head and failed to do any meaningful addition. In fact, I am completely failed
I remove the head, but it was the wrong part of the head. Becuse of that, the wires was removed from the circuit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. And right now, I am asking anyone who had done the mod to help me here.

So Dtsoll, i would say, make sure you open the upper part of the head.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
shiftd,

just remove the upper bezel part only, you can then easily desolder the emitter and put a new one in - no need for further disassenbly.

Klaus

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Klaus. The problem is, the wires were removed, there is no way for me to tell which lead should go to which place. I talked to CM to ask for his assistance and he did offer me some help. But I think I will let other (him) do the rest of the work for me as I got no skill nor experience for this kind of work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes. he is great to work with. Ups this is Dtsoll thread. Dtsoll, pm CM for help. he is a nice guy and he won't bite you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw, what is ACK?

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
shiftd said:
btw, what is ACK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Acronym Definition from www.acronymfinder.com

ACK Acknowledge Character
ACK Acknowledge/Acknowledgement/Acknowledged
ACK Acknowledgement Packet

which is OK in this case but these are not

ACK America's Career Kit (US Department of Labor)
ACK Anti-Capitalist Kananaskis (counter G8 movement)
ACK Nantucket, MA, USA (Airport Code)

Klaus

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, yeah. I agree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif