What color beam for your Preon?

What color of beam did you get for your Preon?

• Very warm

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • A little warm

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Spot on white

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • A little cool

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Very cool

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm starting this to see what color temp your output is for your Preon. I know that a lot of them were back ordered and finially shipped, and I'm wondering what your beam color is.

The options will be:

Very warm
A little warm
Spot on White
A little cool
Very cool

Thanks.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have answered very cool of my 2AAA model. It will be interesting to see the result when more people have given their opinion. It would not be a surprise if a number of different answers will be given. It's obvious that the same light often comes in different tints; my Nitecore D10 Golden dragon is very cool as well though I read in a review that the Golden Dragon has a quite warm tint.

Regards, Patric

Last edited:

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast
Exactly. Variations of the LED itself. And it is a bit subjective as one may see their light as white, another would see it as cool. But then, what's more important IS each person's own persepction.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Preon 2. Almost the entire spot of mine is slightly yellowish, surrounded by a narrow halo of whiter light that looks a bit cool. Anything in the spot looks near neutral in color. But the spill is purplish. :thinking: I guess you could call it cool.

The only time it bothers me is when reading something on Low. As then it most all looks purplish to me. When using it on high to illuminate an entire room or an area outdoors, it looks great. Med is sort of a compromise. Things look ..ok in the spot, if you look at something in the spill, it's purplish. Too me.

I guess it's ...ok? I would have liked it better if would have been a little warmer overall. Then, it would have been the perfect shirt pocket light.

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be more accurate for the poll results the items were color tints (i.e. purplish, greenish...) whereas terms as cool or warm are pretty subjective and confused about the real color, IMO

DigMe

Enlightened
I voted a little warm because mine is a bit green when compared to my other lights although now that I compare it to my Nitecore SR3 maybe I should have even said very warm but as compasillo said - the terms are really subjective so it's hard to say exactly.

brad

MeLLoJeLLo

Newly Enlightened
Bought The Preon Kit and it's very warm... The most greenish tint compared to either my Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA LED, HDS EDC 42XRGT, Surefire L2 or my RA Clicky. :thinking:

Don't get me wrong, the Preon is really bright for the size... But my white cat looks greenish with it.:sick:

Last edited:

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I can't vote because the spot is a touch warm while the flood is on the cool side. This is something I've noticed with most of my recent AAA lights using xp-e and xp-g emitters.

Anyone else got anything to add on the phenomenon of the warm spot/cool flood?
My LF2XT is the same tint all the way across.