Lost my quark in Jim Morrison's old house

jkilo

Newly Enlightened
I'm doing some electrical work for the current owners of the house, (converting the knob-and-tube wiring) and I lost my light somewhere inside.

It was a quark 123x2 model, with an XP-E.

I see 4sevens has these on sale now, and I really loved the punchy beam and tint from the little xp-e.

I had the tactical version, and the clicky was a bit stiff, so I'd probably go with a standard reverse clicky in the future.

My question is: Who else is making xp-E lights out there? I'm not married to the 2x123 form-factor, but it's one of my favorites.

Any strong contenders in the 190 OTF range, or should I pick up another quark? I wish fenix would go with xp-e emitters across the board. (EDIT: I see fenix did make a brief run of the xp-e R2s, but they don't seem as throwy as the quark)

Looking for good throw from a small package.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jkilo

Newly Enlightened
The house is actually loaded with unnecessary doors, the owner speculated that it may have had some influence on the name.

Nigel, I don't know what happened to it. It was clipped to my tool pouch throughout the day, and in the evening, when we were loading the truck, it was gone. Probably in the attic or something, but at least it wasn't turned on.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
did you check the doors?

:crackup:

Not even going to try and top that one:grin2:
They got the band name from a book that Ray Manzarek was reading at the time... IIRC.
ET P100C2, T100C2, ITP-A3-EOS are 3 off the top of my head

Last edited:

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Could you just say you managed to misplace a tool and ask to take a look where you were working? Let them know it is a flashlight you were looking for if you don't find it. I'm sure they would let you know if they find it.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's OK...when you wake up in the morning, get yourself a beer...and another Quark, and don't let this one roll, Baby roll. :poke:

passive101

Enlightened
You could maybe give him a call tomorrow and inform him that you lost it. Maybe he's already found it or could quick check for it :candle:

Dobbler

Enlightened
Skip the light, how about you just light your fire?

Doh!

:crackup:

Last edited: