Problem with a tank007 tk-737.

amc_rs

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I'm a newbie in led flashlight world and acquired a few in the last months.
One of then is a TK-737 (got it from DX, it's the sku.26796).
It was ok, only a little harsh to twist the focus. I used a little vaseline on the thread and it apparently solved that issue. Then, it droped from my pocket into a stone floor and started to malfunction. The light sometimes would only turn on if I clicked the button a few times and on occasions only if I hit it against my other hand. Then it went completely dead.

I noticed that the battery holder (3 AAA) was a little sticky on some places and assumed it was semi-dried vaseline. After a cleaning on the holder with water and soap, most of the stickyness is gone (but a little still on some plastic bits). Until then, I had used only 1 set of alkalines on it. (and they were far from depleted)
I disassembled the clickie button on the tailcap, reassembled it and still nothing. Then, I tested with a battery holder of another flashlight and a piece of wire in the negative and the aluminum body: dead.
I assume the problem is in the electronics or the led itself, but, to my shame, I could not disassemble that part.

Is it possible to disassemble this flashlight without destroying it?
If I can disassemble it, how do I test the electronics/LED?

cboy2

Newly Enlightened
I imagine I'll probably hear about digging up an old dead thread, but I couldn't find the answer and this is the first link from google, so here is my solution. Apologies for being new and not knowing the terminology, and for only using a webcam....and tweezers instead of a spanner. lovecpf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zXm-u_oSSw

Last edited: