Eagletac M2C4 questions before I buy

batmanacw

Enlightened
I have read several of the reviews of the M2C4. I have checked out this light at a local gun show and am thinking about buying it, but I have a couple questions about the newer batches of these lights.

In the reviews, the M2C4 does not seem to be any brighter than the Fenix TK40. Is the rating of 900 lumens that far off?

The floody beam actually suits me just fine since I like to light up full areas like daylight. This light will most likely be used for working out doors, so area lighting is perfect.

Does this light put out the same lumens with regular primaries as opposed to the 18650's?

Did they finally add clicks to the level ring?

Any other tips on this light or reasons not to buy it?

Bass

Enlightened
In the reviews, the M2C4 does not seem to be any brighter than the Fenix TK40. Is the rating of 900 lumens that far off?

They are about the same. 900 is the emitter lumens. I would estimate that the M2C4 is about 650 OTF but someone more knowledgable than me may know more.

Does this light put out the same lumens with regular primaries as opposed to the 18650's?

Yes but 4 primaries every 1 1/2 hours on high can get expensive :)

Did they finally add clicks to the level ring?

No, a rotating ring with no clicks on the M2C4. Don't know about the newer M2SC4

Any other tips on this light or reasons not to buy it?

I love mine. Great form factor and very bright with a wide spill area (what you are looking for?). It throws about as well as any other 'mainstream' light available - https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/255044 - holds it's own, even now. This or the M2XC4 - I think you will be happy with either.

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the price, it's my favorite light -- very bright, with a nice beam that throws and floods nicely. It is noticeably brighter than my Seraph P7 on an M6. There are a lot of lights in this range where the outputs will be similar.

I like the general approach to this UI (a ring like the U2), but don't like the execution, largely because it doesn't click or offer a clean definition between levels. It's too easy to shift into strobe when I'm just trying to get to the highest beam.

The body shape is a little odd; you either like it or you don't, just personal preference.

It's not an EDC, but it's not all that bulky. I'd call it an easy to carry non-EDC.

The real thing is that this amount of light really makes a difference.

batmanacw

Enlightened
Can the M2C4 take the flat top 18650 AW's? I might order some if this light will work with them.

Might have to order a mini 123 and AA just to make the order worth the time.:grin2:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a stellar light and one of my favorites.

I have both the M2C4 and the M2XC4 and I must confess, the triple Cree is my go-to light. Incredible throw + spill, it is a light to be reckoned with.
:hitit:

recDNA

Flashaholic
This is a stellar light and one of my favorites.

I have both the M2C4 and the M2XC4 and I must confess, the triple Cree is my go-to light. Incredible throw + spill, it is a light to be reckoned with.
:hitit:

Can it outthrow a Jetbeam M1X?

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M2C4 is a good thrower just by virtue of its massive output of light. The M1X will out throw it by a bit, but the M2C4 will put out more light overall, creating more of a wall-of-light effect that still has excellent throw.

If you actually need more throw, you could try the M2XC4, which will out throw the M1X.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/255044

If you need still more throw from an LED, save up for Arc Mania's X6. The 6-die Ostar LED is focused by an aspherical lens that is powerful enough to throw a sock through a brick wall.

batmanacw

Enlightened
The M2C4 is a good thrower just by virtue of its massive output of light. The M1X will out throw it by a bit, but the M2C4 will put out more light overall, creating more of a wall-of-light effect that still has excellent throw.

If you actually need more throw, you could try the M2XC4, which will out throw the M1X.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/255044

If you need still more throw from an LED, save up for Arc Mania's X6. The 6-die Ostar LED is focused by an aspherical lens that is powerful enough to throw a sock through a brick wall.

Your description reconfirms my decision to buy this light. The wall of light with a decent flood is pretty much what I want. As a tactical light, a big bright hot spot is better than a tight spot anyway. This will be used for around the farm and house for an area light. Lighting up an entire building from one end is what I need.