Problema com NITECORE D10 SP R2.

vidaloka102000

Newly Enlightened
Problem with NITECORE D10 SP R2.

Hello everybody, I have my nitecore d10 SP R2 go for only 3 days and already has problem.
The problem is, she does not remember the last mode used, and if it is turned off in mode med, requiring multiple clicks to relight it.
this problem started after a battery was 0% during use. Does it deprogramming?
Is to reset it?

Already cleaned the piston and lubricate again does not work correctly.

Last edited:

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
No disrespect but your post is a little hard to understand. Recently I was having some of the issues you are describing. I ended up taking apart the head and cleaning, lubing and spreading the switch ring a little. As far as having to click the piston multiple times every once in a while, well I have been to lazy to go through my owners manual but I think maybe you are inadvertantly accessing the lockout feature and when you do I believe it takes 3 successive clicks to access the light again? Hope this makes some sense?

vidaloka102000

Newly Enlightened
No disrespect but your post is a little hard to understand. Recently I was having some of the issues you are describing. I ended up taking apart the head and cleaning, lubing and spreading the switch ring a little. As far as having to click the piston multiple times every once in a while, well I have been to lazy to go through my owners manual but I think maybe you are inadvertantly accessing the lockout feature and when you do I believe it takes 3 successive clicks to access the light again? Hope this makes some sense?

The problem is not the digital security lock. And just do not care if it is turned off in the medium mode.
And the way memory does not work anymore.

Last edited:

pm91

Newly Enlightened
That sucks. I've been interested in Nightcore and it seems I am seeing more and more complaints about them. I emailed 4sevens.com about a couple of different models and they wrote stating they are having a difficult time getting any product from Nightcore and Nightcore has not been responding to their requests.

vidaloka102000

Newly Enlightened
That sucks. I've been interested in Nightcore and it seems I am seeing more and more complaints about them. I emailed 4sevens.com about a couple of different models and they wrote stating they are having a difficult time getting any product from Nightcore and Nightcore has not been responding to their requests.

:thumbsdowI also never buy NITECORE.
I had seen complaints about the nitecore, but I thought that the newer models are more reliable.

Mart008

Newly Enlightened
Have the same problem...no more memory. Power off on high--> power on on low. Power off on med--> power on on low. So it only have memory for the low setting now. Work well for 4-5 days only. I bought this EDC flashlight for the "Very High Quality" mention and the good review it have. I'm a carpenter so i wanted a sturdy and light EDC flashlight. I think it's a good flashlight if not the best of all but now i only wish they will honnored their "Worldwide Warranty Service Guaranteed".

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Don't have the new D10 SP R2 but do got the EX10 ramping R2 and like it. Wasn't the D10 Flashlight of the year around these parts? :shrug:

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
i have a problem with the nitecore D10 SP R2.

actually i have 2 peaces.

The both have different problems.

1st D10 SP R2
it is very difficult to light up by pressing the piston. it is too tight and the distance of the piston seems to be very sort.

2nd D10 SP R2
the second is the other way round. No problem at all on functioning the piston. It is very smooth and very normal to humans actions.

Here the problem is on the electronics. When i light up once and then turn the light off, if i kick the tail on the desk will light up again.

I tried and something else.

1) i put it in the lock mode.
2)i kicked the tail again on the desk
3)the problem remains (the light comes on)

Even if you move the light very fast on the air up and down will light up.

Is there any solution for that. i mean for both!!! hehehe.

Cadster

Newly Enlightened
Similar problem with my 2 month old D10 R2 camo. It has only seen light desk duty, never carried, kept clean and lubed. Suddenly it won't remember high mode, only low and medium. I also bought it because of its supposedly reliable electronic switching.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
And to think I nearly bought one and one member said I would regret not buying one.

Well after reading just a couple of posts on here glad I never bothered seems they are more trouble than they are worth,will stick to Fenix.:D

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
i also have the camo. It is very nice flashlight. i want to keep it but it is a little bit disturbing the thing with the light comes up with the simple kick on the desk

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Problem with NITECORE D10 SP R2.

Hello everybody, I have my nitecore d10 SP R2 go for only 3 days and already has problem.
The problem is, she does not remember the last mode used, and if it is turned off in mode med, requiring multiple clicks to relight it.
this problem started after a battery was 0% during use. Does it deprogramming?
Is to reset it?

Already cleaned the piston and lubricate again does not work correctly.
I doesn't matter that you have run down the battery to 0%. The D10 SP R2 should never need to be reprogrammed.

If you turn the light off whilst in the high mode, then upon turning the light back on again it switches it self down to low or medium, then that is definately a return situation (send the light back for repair). I am not aware of any quick fixes for this situation. (No amount of lubing or cleaning is going to fix the problem).

I am sorry to hear it is going to cost you $30 to return the light for repair - it indeed means your light is a financial write-off unless you can get your hands on a second hand light engine.

Good luck,

James....:)

njet212

Enlightened
Guy's sorry about your D10's SP problem. Yesterday i bought the D10 SP Camo with Trits edition it's works well. No mode skipping when i turn on and off the light.

Light off low ---> Light on Low
Light off med ---> Light on Med
Light off Hi ----> Light on Hi

The only complaint is it's difficult to access the strobe mode especially in hi stress level and you need it. I have also D10 Ramping version but i lost it, for the UI i really prefer the old ramping UI on old D10.

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only reason I can think of why it would suddenly not remember the mode is EEPROM failure, but that seems unlikely. That's certainly a bummer.

MR.A

Newly Enlightened
for those that have the problem i mentioned before :

PROBLEM: the light come up when you kick the tail on a desk.

Solutions is very simple: You need to take apart the spring inside the piston and make it longer than it is.

Then everything is working just fine.

for those that they have problem with electronics i dont think so that they can fix it.

For mechanical problem the solution is simple as i told you.

For my point of view this flashlight is the best in the market.

I never compare it with fenix. Nitecore is much better.

Best Regards to all.

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
Similar problem with my 2 month old D10 R2 camo. It has only seen light desk duty, never carried, kept clean and lubed. Suddenly it won't remember high mode, only low and medium. I also bought it because of its supposedly reliable electronic switching.
This is exactly the same thing my 3 1/2 month old camo just started doing; won't remember high mode. Got to get an RMA number. :sigh: