My Ra's and Quark dressed for work....

CLBME

Enlightened

I am a hands-on working guy- excavation- so I make my lights practical for daily work and use- with a little "custom" work. :) The wraps (turks head) on the bodies allow me to hold the light in my teeth on the Quark and Twisty and gives them extra grip. The Twisty will ride in a holster every day, which is being made. The Quark holster has an extra battery along for a ride. The Ra EDC rides in my pocket on the lanyard when I'm not working but can be unbuckled and used with the clip. It also stays beside the bed, which is why there are GITD beads on it. The clip wrap really makes it more useful. The turks head and the wrap on the clip create more friction for better grip and it looks better I think.

I may rewrap the Ra EDC and make a loop to attach the lanyard so it can come right off, but I can't get used to the light clipped to my pocket yet........

Christian

1sflashlightsj

Last edited:

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's pretty cool.

Dressed for work? They look like Headhunters dressed for the kill!

I really like how you wrapped up the Ra Clicky clip, does it stay on securely?

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
And I thought I was being all fancy with a simple constrictor knot to secure a lanyard to my Clicky. . . .

Nice job!

notsobrite

Newly Enlightened

So, I am a working guy- excavation- so I make my lights practical for daily work and use- with a little "custom" work. :) The wraps (turks head) on the bodies allow me to hold the light in my teeth on the Quark and Twisty and gives them extra grip. The Twisty will ride in a holster every day, which is being made. The Quark holster has an extra battery along for a ride. The Ra EDC rides in my pocket on the lanyard when I'm not working but can be unbuckled and used with the clip. It also stays beside the bed, which is why there are GITD beads on it. The clip wrap really makes it more useful. The turks head and the wrap on the clip create more friction for better grip and it looks better I think.

I may rewrap the Ra EDC and make a loop to attach the lanyard so it can come right off, but I can't get used to the light clipped to my pocket yet........

Christian

1sflashlightsj

yeah, i was going to do that to my edc's but i lack the skill and talent. good job:thumbsup:

CLBME

Enlightened
That's pretty cool.

Dressed for work? They look like Headhunters dressed for the kill!

I really like how you wrapped up the Ra Clicky clip, does it stay on securely?

Thanks Notsobrite, Yucca Patrol, and The_Day for the comments. I wasn't sure how people would view it even though it works for me.:D

The_Day- yes it does as I used a little trick under it. I wrapped the clip in a single layer of "self-adhering" electrical tape (I cannot remember the technical name for it). It's a "rubbery" tape (both sides) that sticks well to itself. A single layer doesn't make it too thick but adds enough so that it's tight at the top for a better grip. I then wrapped over it. It really sticks well and doesn't slide as it grips both the paracord and the clip. You can actually see the black color tape under the paracord.

Christian

Last edited:

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful wrapping, very creative and practical applications. :twothumbs

I love parachute cord. I use for every thing, from securing cargo in the

SUV to Offshore fishing. Made a simple handle and lanyard for my Cuda

Arclite about 6 years ago and it's held up very well.

IMG_0009-1.jpg

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
very nice CLBME!

On my Ra clicky I used a constrictor knot around the body and for the lanyard a Cobra stitch topped with a lanyard knot.

wish I can post pics but unfortunately I am at work now but 'she' and the quark neut. tact. AA are soundly asleep in my pocket.:thumbsup:

CLBME

Enlightened
Good morning Gazerbeam and Fisk-King,

Thanks for the kindly replies!

Your knife looks great Gazer'. Yes, paracord is so useful as you said for both aesthetic and functional purposes. I make quite a few items out of it, tending to be practical but I'm working on some decorative pieces, which are harder and more tedious but I enjoy it.

Fisk-King- your lanyard sounds great. Post a pic when you wake them up :) if you'd like. I like to see other people's work. My lanyard for the Ra EDC is made with the cobra stitch too. It's a great way to make lanyards. I have one on my keys and a survival bracelet with the same.

CLB

CLBME

Enlightened
Hi Gazerbeam- Thanks for the link. Great ideas there and pictures. When I have more time I'm going to read the whole thing. :) As mentioned by a lot of folks there I've learned a lot from Stormdrane's blog. It's really helpful and he updates it regularly as well as replies when sent questions.:thumbsup:

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com/

Christian

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
Christian, thanks for the link to Stormdrane's blog that's one awesome resource! Please post pictures of your future works, I can't wait to see what you come up with next! I already want to steal some of your ideas and apply them to my lights.

CLBME

Enlightened
Hi Gazerbeam- Steal away!:) I went through the EDC forum link you gave me and realized that I had been there before but went through the pages again. More ideas.

I just finished a snake knot lanyard with a breakaway for a friend of mine that works at BIW (Bath Iron Works) here in Maine. I'll post things that I have done and will do for you to use. Feel free to do any. You'll find everything I've done on the web somewhere (that's how I learned along with a great book named "Creative Ropecraft") and better versions. There are some very talented people. There's one guy who does a lot in leather. I'll try to find him. Awesome work. :D

Thanks for the reply!

Christian.

CLBME

Enlightened
Thanks Light11 for the reply!

Guiri- yes they are to scare away the bad spirits of equipment breakdowns, mud, erosion, lowballers, and higher diesel prices..............:rolleyes:

CLB

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Light11 for the reply!

Guiri- yes they are to scare away the bad spirits of equipment breakdowns, mud, erosion, lowballers, and higher diesel prices..............:rolleyes:

CLB

:) How's that last one working out..? :D