CamelBak help needed pronto!

kev1-1

Enlightened
Today I bought a CamelBak Peak bagger bag, to take away with me on Tuesday. However, I have bitten the valve and sucked until I am blue in the face...and still have no water come out!!! The manual says to 'pinch & roll' DO NOT CUT to open the drinking slit. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

ho71ko

Newly Enlightened
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
kev1-1 said:
However, I have bitten the valve and sucked until I am blue in the face...

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
It should be working like the manual said. Most times the valve is still sealed when those mouthpieces are shipped. Your not supposed to cut into it since this is the most critical part of your whole hydration system. The Camelbak Valve is known to be one of the best in the marked. It stays closed until you bite onto it, meaning that there can neither get Air into the tube (very unconfortable) nor getting water out of the tube unintended.
Opening the sealed valve for the first time should be fine with just a little preasure between your fingers and rolling the valve...
Give it a try! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Holger

ksbman

Flashaholic*
When you pinch the valve between your fingers can you see the slit open up? If not you may have to cut it, if it wasn't cut properly at the factory. I have no idea if that is a problem with CamelBak.

The valve on mine needed no cutting to work properly but you can definitely see that it is open when you pinch it.

When I run out of water and still have ice in the bag I sometimes have to blow some air into the bag to get the water out when a little of the ice melts. Depends on how much air I've sucked out trying to get the last bit of water out.

kev1-1

Enlightened
Solution found: Brute Force!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It works fine now, I think they should state that you may need to roll it for 5 minutes or so!!

kev1-1

Enlightened
Thanks for the help!! Maybe I had a slightly badly pre-cut valve? It took a good five minutes of really violent rolling to burst open the slit. It looked much easier in the manual! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kev1-1 said:
...and sucked until I am blue in the face...and still have no water come out!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most of us were doing this to our Surefire L4s a week ago. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kev1-1

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
Everything looks easier in the manual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha ha ha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif