Aspherical head EDC

Trident1

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty new to the forum - read lots but not posted. Ive tried to find the best lights to fill all jobs (thank you CPF people) and a few others to bridge the gaps. I've bought 4Sevens, ITP,Lumapower and Romisen. Real happy with each one for what it was purchased for. The things that really matter to me are overall throw, flood/throw capability, small carry, ramping, and if can happen, neutral/warm.
I'm in the military and also fly commercial for the day job, and favorite for my use is the Romisen RC-C6 WW.
I'm thinking the only way I can get better for my use is XP-G when it comes neutral. Brands/models - you folks have other suggestions to help me save time shopping and money, or should I just wait until more efficient neutral emmiters come into the above brands?
Thanks for your thoughts.

stallion2

Enlightened
go to shiningbeam.com...Bryan has a few different ones to choose from. supposedly they are custom. he has two versions of the RC-29 (on has a more neutral tint, the other is a Q5 which is supposed to be a little brighter). there are also two versions of the RC-C6 (again, a neutral version and the Q5 version which is out of stock). i got both in the Q5. they're good lights but not as bright as what i was hoping for, especially the RC-29. i have an RC-G2 that is significantly brighter...i've no clue why. but at $20 a piece its a small risk to take.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a rc-29 and love it. I will definitely be getting a rc-c6 soon, especially since it can lego with the rc-n3 to take 2xAA.
I mostly use it unfocused though, I'm not as fond of the focused output of the light.

Trident1

Newly Enlightened
Having bought from both Battery Junction and Shiningbeam, I know they offer good stuff with really great service! Like a lot of you, I just wish there was one light that did everything :). Flood to throw is old school, but I really like that option, especially an aspheric throw with modern LED.
Fit in a pocket, CR123 (X1 or 2), plus all the other things - is the RC-C6 the best I can do now? Until an XP-G Neutral (or better) goes in that same light, it's hard to find something better from what I've seen for an all around EDC.

Have I overlooked something? I know for my weapon lights I have specific needs for shock/water reliability and track record. But for my pocket - I want bright, affordable, and options. Thanks again for your thoughts. lovecpf

stallion2

Enlightened
if your a patient man you could look at DX. i purchased a couple X2000 flood to throw lights that turned out just as peoples' reviews had indicated. they do precisely what they say but the floating head adjustment does not provide much resistance and the head can easily move in or out just with casual use. i did get a third flood to throw for the hell of it. the sku# was 29385, it was NOT one of the X2000's. it also has that stupid floating-head adjustment but there is a lot of resistance. you can still change the focus w/ one hand but it does require a bit of effort. takes an 18650 and is VERY bright. it has typical DX build quality so i wouldn't consider it a permenant solution but it is still an extremely useful light and will blow away the Romisens we've discussed.

agedbriar

Newly Enlightened
Will the plastic reflectors/lenses that come with the X2000 and the JFT-803 (SKU 29385) withstand the heat of a
constant High?

stallion2

Enlightened
Will the plastic reflectors/lenses that come with the X2000 and the JFT-803 (SKU 29385) withstand the heat of a
constant High?

easily...the emitter would fail long before enough heat was generated to destroy any other part of the light.