Nitecore Extreme Infinity E3 not ramping down

panflute

Newly Enlightened
My Nitecore Extreme Infinity E3 stopped ramping down. I now have only 2 modes, strobe, and full power. I am worndering if there is anything i can do about this, or perhaps I just fried the electronics? Any suggestions appreciated. thanks
panflute

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Might just be something stuck in the head. Have you tried all the usual things - cleaning all the contacts, making sure that the various contact rings are all moving freely against their springs and so on ?

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with mine, I decided to RMA it even after I fixed it because the anodizing on the threads was chipping and and grinding.

Take the head off, put the battery tube aside, and unscrew the crenelated bezel from the head base to get in behind the reflector.

It will be quite stiff but once unscrewed lift off carefully keeping the reflector pushed up against the lens, observing the order of which parts are assembled.

On the back of the part you just unscrewed there is the light engine and gold contact points around the side, this contact ring will probably be dirty, like mine. Give it a clean and also give the contact washer a clean in the other half of the head.

This should fix your problem.

panflute

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the tip but it didn't work. It is switching from strobe to high but not powering down. I cleaned it real good with contact cleaner. I used this light mostly for the low mode, so will probably sell it and get something else.
panflute