Larue tactical hat and E1B are a perfect match

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I love my Surefire hat since I liek surefire like many others. however I got a new hat that may replace it as my EDC hat.

generally I will attach an eseries to my SF hat using the pocket clip and transform my hat into a make-shift head lamp. however it doesnt work to well as I fear the light will slip right off if I move my head too quickly.

Larue Tactical has a hat that was designed with the E1B in mind. however i suspect that any two way pocket clip will work. (as long as the pocket clip is the same proportions of length to the light like an E1B). For instance Im able to clip my SF 3P with solarforce two way pocket clip.

There is a small section right of the hat that is not sewn together. it is right beneath the front of the cap and behind the rear of the visor. a sort of pocket allows the E1B clip to clip to the rear of the hat.

see the pics to understand.

dsc0234g.jpg

dsc0235j.jpg

Now no manner of head shaking will allow the light to fall off the hat. unless my whole hat falls off, knock on wood.

I really enjoy this clever little feature. And yet it isnt even mentioned on Larue's website. Thought i would share that little info.

SUREFIRED

Enlightened
Very nice! I may have to modify one of my hats and try that out. Looks way more secure than clipped to the bill (the e2d/z68'd e1b will not clip very well on a hat brim from my experience).

Mike

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larue Tactical Cap And E1B Are A Perfect Match

I was pointed to this thread in another post. I am wondering if anybody else makes a cap like this and if any other flashlights work as well as the E1B. Not that I don't like Surefire, but they are pretty spendy.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Larue Tactical Cap And E1B Are A Perfect Match

if you check my post in the other thread, or read my OP in thie thread,

the hat will work with other lights that have a bezel down pocket clip.

I have an AKoray AAA light that can clip on. when I had maratac AAA they also work.

So yes you can use other lights, but you need a two way pocket clip that reaches close to the end of the tailcap or have a bezel down pocket clip.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, now I just need to determine which one will work best for me. Thank you!

copperfox

Enlightened
first picture isn't working for me :candle:

Edit: I can see it now

Last edited:

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if this is a special hat from Larue Tactical or is this feature present on all of their hats??

I'm not at home so I can't check any of mine. :(

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I called Larue when I found out about the feature and asked them about it cause it is not mentioned on their website. they said ALL their hats have this feature.

kito109654

Newly Enlightened
The LaRue Tactical hats are the best hats ever made, period. I hadn't noticed this on my hats so thank you very much for sharing! (Although, I'm not sure it's intentional.;))

I wear mine every day, I love that there is no stupid button on the top of the hat and the sunglass loops are pure genious, great for glasses retention. Those two features also make the hat comfortable to wear with ear protection while shooting.

Couple this hat with a pair of oakleys or raybans and you're set. :D

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larue Tactical Hat And E1B Are A Perfect Match

Does anybody happen to know if there are any flashlights with this type of clip that come as a rechargeable flashlight?

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Larue Tactical Hat And E1B Are A Perfect Match

You can always make one. Use a rechargeable battery and get a delrin tailcap with clip or get just an after market clip.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larue Tactical Hat And E1B Are A Perfect Match

I have been thinking about getting a Streamlight Strion LED rechargeable. Maybe I can find an after market clip for that.