Need help... Firefox won't play Youtube video..

jinx626

Enlightened
I forgot what version I have (will try to check tonight). But for some odd reason it seems to not play youtube video. It'll just load and load. But when I used IE, it play the same video without hesitation. Is it a setting or I need to download something? TIA

bstrickler

Enlightened
Have you tried clearing your cache and everything else?

Tools>Clear Recent History> Check all fields, except your cookies/history, unless you don't care about having to re-enter your passwords and stuff again.

~Brian

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Do you have any add ons installed? I installed "NoScript" in Firefox which blocks imbedded scripts on a given web page. I know if I do not allow scripts on youtube's site, it wont load videos. I'm running a Mac and rarely enable the built in firewall, so if you're running a PC, maybe the firewall settings are blocking youtube's videos from running/loading. Just my 2¢s Good luck.

+1 on clearing caches and histories. I know that there are certain age restrictions on youtube that if you do not register and provide a D.O.B., it won't load videos in your browser if they don't think you're over 18, are you registered w/youtube?

Again, just my personal experience, your results may vary.

Greg

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
One more thing, download Apple's Safari web browser and see if windows (if on a PC) will allow you to play the video in Safari, that way you can narrow down whether or not it's a firewall or anti-virus issue or a Firefox issue. BTW, it's free.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may need a Shockwave Flash Plug-in .

When it doesn't work - seems it would tell you what is needed to make it work.

Ask Youtube for help

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may need a Shockwave Flash Plug-in .

When it doesn't work - seems it would tell you what is needed to make it work.

+1 Maybe an old version of Flash is on your system. Usually it tells you you need the update.
I'd update the usual suspects, Java and Flash.

What version of FF and did it play correctly on the previous version?

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have the proper flash plugin, don't forget to allow 'ytimg' if you are running 'No Script'.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
FireFox > Menu >Tools > Options ... (3rd tab) Content ... (top area) ... (choices) ...

In the top area , [Enable JavaScript] and [enable Java] ...

Both need to be checked and activated .

Dis-able any add-on that blocks Flash or stops embedded content from loading .... or Stops Iframes from loading .

Have you tried running FireFox in *Safe Mode* to see if Youtube video will work ?

jinx626

Enlightened
I am really sorry for the late reply to this thread.

I tried clearing my caches and histories. Still no luck.

It still didn't let me know if I need to download a program. It just load and load. But the funny thing is, if I click on a clip like 10 really fast, it will play. Then I have to repeat the same thing to play the next clip.

I updated my JAVA, but didn't update my Flash because I was thinking if my IE can play it, my Flash should be the updated verion on Firefox as well, is that not the case?

I cannot try the other process now because I am not at home. I will let you guys know what happens maybe tonight or tomorrow night after I try the other recommendation.

Once again I am sorry for the late reply and thank you so much to all of you for taking time to help me out.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had past issues with firefox and youtube/flash videos that wouldn't allow me to use the video controls like play pause slider etc.

Seems Firefox 3.6 has fixed that. Maybe a new version of Firefox would fix the issue.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It just load and load. But the funny thing is, if I click on a clip like 10 really fast, it will play. Then I have to repeat the same thing to play the next clip.

That sounds like a crappy connection, or using a wireless setup and you are at the fringes of the router's range.

jinx626

Enlightened
That sounds like a crappy connection, or using a wireless setup and you are at the fringes of the router's range.

I don't think it's my connection. Like I said, it works perfectly with IE. Only Firefox does that.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I don't think it's my connection. Like I said, it works perfectly with IE. Only Firefox does that.

Oh, sorry. I missed that IE detail. Another possibility....there was a previous version of Firefox that was overusing CPU cycles and memory. Try upgrading to latest 3.6 and see if that fixes it. No problem here seeing Youtube.

jinx626

Enlightened
Oh, sorry. I missed that IE detail. Another possibility....there was a previous version of Firefox that was overusing CPU cycles and memory. Try upgrading to latest 3.6 and see if that fixes it. No problem here seeing Youtube.

I clicked on check updates... It showed the version 3.5.7. But I did a google check and it does have 3.6. I am going to try to download and install it. Do I need to remove the old firefox first?

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't have to uninstall FF. I usually let it update itself and it picks up fine following. Since you have been having some problems, it might be wise to do a fresh install including killing past preferences in the directory. Save your bookmarks prior though.

jinx626

Enlightened
I just installed 3.6. I went on youtube and play a random clip and then I tried clicking another clip... it refused to go to the next clip and just continue playing my first clip.