Man those C2 bodies are hard to find!

sfca

Enlightened
I've been looking for a black C2 body @ the marketplace for what seems like forever.

I mean I'm almost on the point of desperation..
(although I don't see why I just have to have my project come together when everything else but the body has been made or bought; can't I wait?? :sigh:)

I find it ironic that I sold an E2DL, a Fenix MC10, a V91 holster and a pair of Surefire Sonic Defenders in less time then it's taking me to find this C2 BODY!!!
Christo_pull_hair.gif

Anywho, just had to get that off my chest!

Any other parts yall find hard to find?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of your best bets is to contact ElectronGuru at this thread. He has been providing 18mm bored out and stock 17mm bodies regularly.

sfca

Enlightened
I did ask him on the marketplace after seeing his post elsewhere, but it's like $100+ for the body!

I can't say I have a need for a bored body, so that cost is unjustifiable. Will try again though!

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK.
The only other alternative I can suggest is to buy a whole C2. Look for the incandescent versions (P60 bulb).

I found an HA incan C2 for $76 after CPF discount and a black type II incan C2 for $72 after CPF discount.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Yeah, C2 bodies are guaranteed to be installed with all Surefire C2 flashlights. Might want to take a look at those.

sfca

Enlightened
I would buy a new light, but I can't justify the addition cost.

I already bought a 6PDL, which with the C2 body will be my only light therefore saving me money in the long run!
C2 deals are hard to come by in Canada (Vancouver).

Offloading the extra parts can take time, meaning time for the funds to come back to you.

Urgency of needed flashlight, and urgency of don't mess with your bank account
yellowlaugh.gif
means I'll wait!

Thanks guys.

737mech

Enlightened
I recently bought a used C2 off Ebay for about $60 shipped. It's in great shape and came with a P91 dropin. Just keep your eyes open, one will pop up sooner or later. You can always check out the Five Mega hosts that Nite sells over on the Marketplace. Those are great quality and the price is right as well.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is interesting, I have a HA Black C2 because ElectronGuru had trouble getting rid of normal black C2's, so he stripped it and had it done in HA.

sfca

Enlightened
I have perfect timing.:laughing:

Those HA bodies are good.. But the cost kinda makes me cringe.

No worries though I know I'll get a body soon.
But when I do.. I'll never let it go!!!:crackup: That thing will be like gold to me!

That is interesting, I have a HA Black C2 because ElectronGuru had trouble getting rid of normal black C2's, so he stripped it and had it done in HA.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a new C2 flashlight, keep the body and sell the rest as parts on marketplace as Surefire C-series bits are always in demand. You can recover at least half of your initial monetary outlay in about a week or so.

sfca

Enlightened
I already bought a 6PL-D and plan to let go of the body & P60L lamp, and make it a C2 defender.
I actually bought it this way cause it was the lowest-cost, lowest-inconvenience route :laughing:

Buying another light now.. Well, my finances and purchases have been planned out from well last month.
I have the money to, but I'm not irresponsible.

I'm positive I'll get a good body.

And so... the cycle begins once more. :p

True true :candle:. My intention is for this to be my only flashlight, in that case hopefully I can justify it better. It'll be in good use, all the time!

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
...My intention is for this to be my only flashlight, in that case hopefully I can justify it better. It'll be in good use, all the time!

If that's the case, you might consider one of ElectronGuru's bored bodies since it will give you more battery options in the long run. Just an idea. :)

-Robert

sfca

Enlightened
Considered that.. $95 is a lot to consider for a body at the moment.

I have 40 primaries and I probably won't be through half of them before I get tired of this light.
18650 batteries and a good charger is a prospect I won't visit till the next evolution in that technology.

I shoulda added a disclaimer: to be my only flashlight *until I tire of it :laughing:

If that's the case, you might consider one of ElectronGuru's bored bodies since it will give you more battery options in the long run. Just an idea. :)