Floody X-PE Neutral White 1 X CR123 Flashlight?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'm looking for a floody X-PE neutral white flashlight. I was going to go for the Romisen RC-N3 II neutral white 2 mode but I read it was better for throw than flood. Does the Romisen have an OP reflector? If not I wonder if I could put one in to make it floodier.

I want a floody light (or at least good spill) because this light is going in the bathroom where it may be used to examine skin but has enough power to second as an indoor flashlight to light up a room if there is a power failure. A little tiny hotspot is no good for looking at a mole, cut, splinter etc. I don't want to bother with a diffuser. IME diffusers cut down too much on output. Even my Eagletac T20C2 looks dim with a diffuser on it. Good spill will do the trick.

I'm looking for 130+ OTF lumens on high and a low or medium between 20 - 80 lumens. I don't care about low below 20 lumens but if it is a 3 mode light a low-low is OK.

If you have read my posts in the past you may be surprised I am looking for neutral white. I prefer stark to bluish white normally but that's no good for a skin exam. Incandescent would do the job but I hate the rings. I'd like a nice smooth beam. Preferably no strobe or hidden strobe.

The sold out Quark tactical 123 in neutral white would have been perfect but it is a little more than I'd like to spend anyway. I'd like to keep it under $40 if I can. Is 4sevens going to make a neutral white mini?

I was tempted by the neutral white Cree MC-E but I'm afraid the low will be too bright and it is a little big for the bathroom. It's going to go in a little plastic bin with my razor etc.

I don't want to spend a fortune if I can avoid it. If there is nothing better in my price range I'll go for the Romisen.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about the romisen RC-C6 ll from shiningbeam, uses 1x cr123 its a flood to throw light. and also comes in warm tint. i have the romisen RC-29 ll (AA version) and i keep it on flood, it has no hotspot, just spill.

4sevens has already released neutral white Mini's, and neutral white titanium mini's. they could very well be sold out by now though.
goinggear.com also carries quarks, and i think they have the neutral white mini's in stock.

recDNA

Flashaholic
how about the romisen RC-C6 ll from shiningbeam, uses 1x cr123 its a flood to throw light. and also comes in warm tint. i have the romisen RC-29 ll (AA version) and i keep it on flood, it has no hotspot, just spill.

4sevens has already released neutral white Mini's, and neutral white titanium mini's. they could very well be sold out by now though.
goinggear.com also carries quarks, and i think they have the neutral white mini's in stock.

I prefer a clicky to a twisty anyway. I'll check out the Romisen. Still, too bad I missed out on the neutral white mini. I never saw it on the 4sevens website.

Is a neutral white XP-G coming out anytime soon?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I'll wait a little while just in case someone points out something better (which I doubt at this point) but the Romisen seems to be the winner.

When the Quark neutral whites came out I couldn't think of any earthly use for them...oops!

Now that I've gone to Shiningbeam I also regret a recent purchase from another website - the Xtar Cree MC-E. The color is fine but it has strobe whereas the MG Cree MC-E on Shiningbeam is "warm" and has low, medium, high. On the other hand the Xtar works very well and it is brighter and has a better beam than my usual MG-PLI AND the Xtar was on sale for $10 less and the site I bought from had AW IMR's that I needed for my PLI as well as the Xtar. I also got a 16340 IMR for my Mini but it seemed less bright than with the primary CR123a. So I'm stuck with strobe but the memory works well and I can soft press through strobe quickly. When it comes to flashlights I always try to see the bright side. LOL

I like flashlights with strobes in my car but NOT when they run on IMR's. (too cold for them in winter and too hot in summer) Indoors strobe is just an annoyance.

THANKS for all the help! I was recently chided for being too narrow in my search for a particular size flashlight with particular throw characteristics. THIS time I was JUST as particular and you found just what I need! See, you never know!

Ok, so much for waiting, just ordered a RC-C6. Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
just get a bit of translucent scotch tape and paste it over the lens, if you need throw, just tear the scotch tape off. alternatively, hunt around for plastic bottle tops that can fit over the head of the Romisen. I own the single mode and use scotch tape when i want a flood beam, heck, i even just used white paper (a few layers) secured with a rubber band to get a diffused effect.

recDNA

Flashaholic
No need. I ordered the flood to throw. IME even diffusers designed to work on a light dramatically reduce output because they don't transmit all of the light.

recDNA

Flashaholic

Thanks for the great tip on the RC-C6II WW. Just got mine and I love it.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me too, and I love using it with the n3 extension tube as well. I think I like it even better with 2xAA