Oh No. Smudged reflector in my new Novatac!

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do I do guys, I have sent Novatac an email saying that it has fingerprints on the reflector and would like to know what they can do.

I must state that I didnt buy this in a shop I bought it at the marketplace as a new in box item so I am not the original owner.

I am under the impression that Novatac warrant there products against defect in material and workmanship for life, is this right.

What kind of response can I expect back form NT customer services?

Last edited:

TriChrome

Enlightened
Re: Oh Noos. Smudged reflector in my new Novatac!

I would also be careful about cleaning them off yourself; the last time I did that, even with a photo quality cleaning brush, the mirror finish nearly came right off (not on this exact product, but a similar quality one).

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Oh Noos. Smudged reflector in my new Novatac!

Whatever you do, dont touch the reflector coating with anything

Try some distilled water (car battery water) and a little washing detergent
swirl the solution around the reflector.
Rinse with distilled water and leave it to air dry

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont want to open her up until I find out NT are willing to do.

I have cleaned reflectors before using think dish soap and hot running water but this looks like a dolop of grease which has been smudged, I dont think it will come off with the dish soap method.

This isnt a how do I clean my reflector post although some hints might be helpful.

Its more to find out what legal obligation NT have.

sqchram

Newly Enlightened

abarth_1200

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update on reflector issue,

Technical operations got in contact with me via CPF pm and asked if I could email him my contact info, he offered to RMA my NT for repair or he could send a replacment reflector to me, if I felt capable of doing the replacment myself.

So its going through Novatac records and the new reflector should be in the mail tommorrow.

I cant thank Jason enough for helping out and Novatac for there fantastic support.