• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SPF FS: Unique anodized Ti Muyshondt Nautilus

camaro09

Enlightened
I just recieved this very awesome but very plain looking Ti Nautilus. I had to give it my own touch and anodize it. I have never heat anodized anything before but I think it turned out pretty awesome. The light was completly taken apart before heat was applied, so nothing but titanium saw fire. This was done with my portable propane torch with much care. Included is the original paperwork instructions, felt pouch and brass split ring never installed. I have also added a lanyard with 550 paracord after the makeover. I have carried this in my pocket with only chapstick for about a week and realize I cant do it from fear of losing it.
Im asking
$330$340$350 shipped in the CONUS.
First "Ill take it" in this thread gets it.
Payment is by Paypal or USPS money order only please.
P10302352.jpg

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: *Price drop* Unique anodized Ti Muyshondt Nautilus

I can't afford it outright, but I'd love to see this one in person before it goes to the lucky buyer. I'd pay for insured shipping for the opportunity for a 1-day visit, and I'd throw in some 2018 Surefire CR123's to the new owner for the loan. Just a thought.:)

Databyter

Enlightened

It looks neat Camaro 09, but I have to wonder how you can anodize something with a torch, it is an electrical process, in a bath filled with appropriate chemicals right? I looks like you have some heat chromatics caused by differing layers of oxidisation, But I'm not sure this is classified as anodise.

Last edited:

camaro09

Enlightened

As far as I know it's also anodizing. Either way all your doing is adding a layer of oxidation. Google heat anodizing titanium and it will show you about it. Unless someone else chimes in I think what I'm saying is correct.

camaro09

Enlightened

Three hour sale. Until 11 PM central time the Nautilus will be $300. After 11 it will go back up to $330

camaro09

Enlightened
Re: *price drop* FS: Unique anodized Ti Muyshondt Nautilus

Sale is over. I can't believe no one is interested in this unique Nautilus.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heat anodized Ti IS anodized. Electric anodizing is only one type of anodizing. Was an oxide layer grown on the external surface? Yes.

Colors from heat anodized Ti will have greater durability than those on parts that were electrically anodized. At least that's what Peter Atwood told me. The downside is it is much more difficult to control the colors using heat.

Very nice light. Sorry your sale didn't work out. :(

camaro09

Enlightened

Thanks for clearing that up Souptree. Ya it would be difficult to get the uniform coloring you can achieve with electric anodizing. The original Ti Nautilus's sold for $374 but now are sold out.

Databyter

Enlightened

Heat anodized Ti IS anodized. Electric anodizing is only one type of anodizing. Was an oxide layer grown on the external surface? Yes.

Colors from heat anodized Ti will have greater durability than those on parts that were electrically anodized. At least that's what Peter Atwood told me. The downside is it is much more difficult to control the colors using heat.

Very nice light. Sorry your sale didn't work out. :(

Thanks, that's a neat tip.

And the new photo is better, nice colors!

EDIT: It looks like the first one was underexposed, probably because of the background, adding a bit of brightness really shows the light as your eyes would, it really pops those colors!

Last edited:

camaro09

Enlightened

That's def. brighter colors. I'll add a couple more pics after I get to work tonight.

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it for the sale price or I'll hit ya with some trade options Bro. I gave everbody else a chance first so I guess we'll have to do something. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner in response to your PM's but I have been swamped with work and no time to play flashlights this week. :thumbsup: