SF E1e orE1eE

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a SF E1 and love it, but want to give it to my father in law when his birthday comes round. So that means...I have to replace it!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hurray a new purchase and time to upgrade.

Should I go for the E1e or the Elite?
What are the pros/cons of the pyrex lens?
Where to get the best deal on either light?
Which finish, am thinking of the anodized?

Please don't try to talk me into a 6volt. The single cell size suits the bill perfectly for my uses. And I already have two Scorpions that are my workhorse and backup. I don't freak when they get dropped.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like E1eE if you want to be specific about it. But I guess CPF has adopted the E1 and E1e classifications.

Pyrex - So much better than Lexan IMO, I just hate lenses that scratch. Light transmission is supposedly better too. When you tap your finger on it, it sounds like bullet proof glass.

Best deal, I would go with Dan at Tactical Warehouse, or one of our other sponsors. Even though it might be cheaper somewhere else, these guys help the board so I help them.

Finish, I believe TYPE III HA the only finish you can get on the E1eE.

Size15's

Flashaholic
What's this E1eE rubbish?

There is no E1eE model.

Only E1 or E1e ("e" = Elite).

The best thing about the E1e is that the PocketClip is significantly better in my experience - it is stronger and gives me the confidence that my E1e will be where I clip it (unlike my experience with the E1 and E2)

Another thing is the E1e has a LockOut TailCap - vital for pocket carry as otherwise the push button pressure switch may activate by accident.

Al

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
E1 is outdated, no point in saving the few bucks. HAIII Anodized (which is the only option for the E1e) is much better at scratch resistance and your light will look new for years to come. Pyrex is also well worth it for the scratch resistance and improved light transmission. The cheapest place I know for SF's is Bulldog.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on Al! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The first "E" is for executive, the 1 is for the number of cells required, the second lower case "e" is for elite.

What would the last E be for? Excellent maybe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
Arc LSH-P?

Uhm, Arc Like SureFire Handheld - Possibly?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
No I was holding an E1e SG today, at a store, that had an E1e clip that attached to the body not the bezel (which had teardrop shapes in it) a lockout tailcap with the "dimples", pyrex lens and was Satin Grey or "Gun Metal" or I believe it is called electroless nickle in the industry, there was a E1e HA right next to it and I almost bought the SG for my wife but I wanted to check prices first and low and behold I found it here after i posted in this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Either I am mistaken, and Surefire really does offer a E1e in SG, or that is an E1, not an Elite, and just been named wrong. I have no idea at this point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So I may be wrong...

pahl

Enlightened
I think the "E" before the "1" is for Executive and the second "e" is for Elite.

E1 is the Executive model.
E2e is the Executive Elite model.

Yes, no /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
The upper case E is the Executive in E1, the lower case e is for elite, just like the C in C2 is for Centurian and the D in D2 is for Defender. Does that clear it up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif