Cool tip for Inova X5T sheath...

Drjones

Enlightened
Hi.

I'm sure some here have probably already thought of this, but I thought I'd post this anyway.

I got a new Inova X5T (and might sell the second one I got. Lemme know if you're interested.) and did this with the "lameo" factory sheath: stick the light in the sheath, tuck it IWB.

The belt loop is large enough that you can fold it over and run your belt through it. So now, you have the Inova X5T tucked comfortably IWB, but still secured.

It doesn't draw the best and takes both hands to resheath since it is tight and floppy, but considering its free, it ain't too bad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Drjones...
I have no idea what you are tring to say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Maybe I'm just a bit "slow".
What is IWB?
I have the sheath in front of me, and I cant think of anouther way of doing it.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Not sure but I suspect IWB = Inside Waist Band ... I've never heard the abbreviation used before either.

Edit: I seem to be coming in 2nd place a lot today.

Drjones

Enlightened
Inside the WaistBand.

The factory sheath is designed primarily to be worn on the belt, outside the waistband.

So, tuck the sheath with light in it inside the waist of your pants with the belt loop side away from your body. Fold the belt loop over so that you can thread your belt through it.

Is that any more clear?

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
Inside the Waistband....

sounds like a broken record, I'm the 4th to say it...:D

I can't stand that flappy belt loop thingy either!

As many of you know I am not impartial on this subject. But, why are you even messing with that case that DrJones says "is Lamo"? Buy the government case for $5.00 or if you have a good bank roll go Kydex. I can't tell you where to buy the $5.00 X5T case because that would be advertising, but I am sure you can locate them somewhere. By the way this is a hint.

Drjones

Enlightened
Well Frank, I happened to recieve those better cases with my new Inovas. I wonder how that happened? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They are better indeed, but can't be used IWB.

Drjones

Enlightened
Visit Frank's site for pics of the case.

Basically, its big enough to easily fit the X5T without being snug. Its by no means a sloppy fit, just not tight.

Frank, I should probably PM you, but do you accept returns?

LightChucker

Enlightened
I did visit his site, and it is very hard to find. Anyway, I don't have an X5T. If he can give me the internal deminsions I can better judge if I can use it on the lights that I do have.

Chuck

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
ChuckDecker
When you go to Franks site go to X5T & scroll down, it's
at the bottom of the page. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
I am going to Pm you about something else.

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've bought a few of the Inova X5Ts from Frank's company and always buy them with CC's excellent $5.00 sheath. It has two different methods for mounting so that it can be mounted horizontally or vertically on the belt as well as on various slings, straps and LBE suspenders. It is extremely versatile. The Inova is secured in the sheath with a velcro backed flap that is as long as the pouch of the sheath. The sheath will hold multi-tools and large folding knives as well.

The OEM "stock" Inova X5T sheath is a VERY snug fit. That's good because there is no retaining flap, the top of the sheath is open. The stock sheath depends from a rather overlong belt loop. This long belt loop lets the X5T flap up and down from your belt when you run, very annoying to me. It also makes it awkward to pull the light from the pouch without using two hands. The long belt loop allows the sheath to ride up with the light when you are drawing it.

I will buy a Kydex holster for an X5T for those times I won't want to make all that racket peeling the velcro.

I would like a version of the CC sheath that utilizes a "Press-The-Dot" Mil-Spec snap (like on the old GI web gear)instead of velcro. I might have that modification performed on one of mine.

BC

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Besides the X5T, the one that comes with it, fits the Arc LS with 2AA (including the TSP-2AA) quite well. It is a bit loose, but, for around the house, it is fine.

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
BTW, that $5.00 case referenced above by Frank is used for my EDC light, the SF L4. Easy draw, securely held in place by the velcro flap (wouldn't want to lose this light) and horizontally affixed to my belt so that my BB doesn't get jabbed when I sit down, a problem I've had with all vertical mounted holsters.
Just to avoid confusion, the acronym BB in this case is "Beer Belly" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ed.

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the CC case, you can just tuck in the long Velcro flap for light duty vertical use, and pull it back out to secure it fully for run around/hang upside down use.

As far as the included Inova case, you can just pull up the long belt loop and just tuck the excess under the belt, to help keep it from flopping around as you move. This might not hold if you wear your belt loose, but should work fine with normal belt tension. If I can locate it, I'll probably put some velco on it to keep it in position and still adjustable, even with a loose belt.