• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Single AAA Aluminum Basis for simple, inexpensive Mods (3mm/5mm LEDs)? "Baby Light"

Salbach

Newly Enlightened
Single AAA Aluminum Basis for simple, inexpensive Mods (3mm/5mm LEDs)? "Baby Light"

Hi folks,

yes I'm a newbee to the flashlight community, but you've read this a thousand times already. I have already read many mod threads but could not find what I am looking for. Sorry, if this might be boring to you...

Now the question::thumbsup:

Has anyone tried to find a decent basis for a 1x AAA mod? Precisely I would like to have a basis with the following features:
  • max. $15
  • tube for 1 AAA (or 1 AA) --> EDC!!!
  • aluminium (or metal) body with good quality coating
  • usable for 3 or 5 mm LEDs of different colors (-> diff. voltages!)
  • "Baby" proof (explained further down)
  • single mode would be fine
  • clickie or twist-switch doesn't matter to me
I have seen mods for Mag Instrument's Solitaire but to me most of them wanted to go "maximum lumen" which is not my venture (I already own a pocket sun called Fenix FD01 SS with protected 10440; thats plenty for me!) or discussed weather the Fenix E01 would be better to go with in the first step and not touch the solitaire.

So this thread should not be about pros and cons of Solitaire or E01. That could be discussed or read elsewhere.

I would really like to be able to have a light that you could let your baby play with and not having to be afraid that it's eyes got damaged permanently. And babies don't care too much for white lights. My little daughter is almost two and we like to play with flashlights under a blanket or else. But I like tech stuff and it shouldn't be crap -- that's why I'm here... ;)

Thanks for your input!