Perfect Mag Reflector: Camless Version Offer

Otokoyama

Enlightened
<font color="red">9/3/2003 0745 This offer is now closed. Thank you. </font>

<font color="red">9/26/2003 Reflectors have been received from the manufacturer. </font>

A "perfect" Mag reflector is described in this CPF thread.

Since a camless version that is suitable for mods such as the "Space Needle" doesn't require any further design, I will go ahead and order these early next week in a quantity to be determined by those who respond.

I am not in business or doing this for profit, and must ask for payment in advance. Please respond to me with PayPal or notification of interest via direct email. I will respond with my mailing address for those who prefer to physically send payment, and "count you in" when I then receive email from you that payment has been sent.

I am estimating that it will take up to 1 1/2 months for you to receive your reflector(s), with virtually all delay due to the manufacturer. These will be manufactured to order, and I'll then "tune" them to fit C and D Mags. My original version took 2 1/2 months.

This camless version will be offered in "orange peel" and smooth versions **, both vacuum metalized (i.e. "mirror" coated). The reflector will have an opening of 0.625" <font color="red">(changed from 0.63" on 7/18)</font> which should permit a full range of focus over just about any pedestal configuration, while still reflecting light up to 120 degrees off axis. This has been tested with my "Space Needle".

The price will be $20, which includes S&H. Please provide your shipping address with payment. Thank you.

** Other than heat tolerance, I don't believe a smooth aluminum reflector offers any real benefit over the stock Mag reflector.

<font color="red">I am very satisfied with my reflector, and hope you will also be satisfied, but can not provide any warranty or guarantee of satisfaction.</font>

PayPal users: My personal PayPal account will accept credit cards, and PayPal will then mercilessly spam me to upgrade to a business account which I am not interested in doing at this time. I would just have to pass on fees, and PayPal doesn't provide a means for selectively doing this for credit cards only. I must return any such credit card payments.

Zephyr

Enlightened
I'm just wondering, does the surface of the reflector gets easily scratch like the ones in the Mags? Or does it somehow resist it? Thanks.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

email sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Doh! Just ordered a SNII from Mr.Bulk and only have $20 left to spare in my budget...don't know if I should get this or batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mike451

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif I am interested in one of these with the orange peel finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

E-mail sent to the address in your profile.

--Mike

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Otokoyama

I did not receive a reply to my e-mail that I sent you. Do you want me to re-send the e-mail?

Otokoyama

Enlightened
Zephyr: I believe the coating on these reflectors is just as fragile as on any first surface mirror.

I've already got a good response, so will close this offer tonight at midnight California time in order to get the order in tomorrow morning.

I've got a quote back on the raw cammed version, and believe I'll be able to offer that on Monday for $25.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in for one orange peel on this run.

I'll be watching next week for the cam run.

Thanks Paul.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Oto, got your confirmation, thanks! And .625" is exactly the size of the actual Mag opening, perfect.