Surefire recognizes rechargeables fiasco...finally

guncollector

Enlightened
Well, word from the an "industry insider" is that Surefire has finally recognized that their rechargeables aren't functioning properly.

The scoop is that Surefire has ceased all shipments of their 8/9-series rechargeables (not the 10X AFAIK) until this functionality problem can be resolved. I was also informed that Surefire is looking into the CN400 "smart charger" being the problem (possibly reconfiguring the firmware)--Dano, you listening? You were right!--as opposed to the B90 battery units.

Word is a minimum of 60 days until Surefire has a definitive answer and will resume shipment of their 8/9-series rechargeables.

Finally...

MicroE

Enlightened
I will take this as a good sign.
SF has listened to its customers, recognized that it has a problem, and stopped shipping the defective product.
Now all they have to do is figure out the technical fix, make new product, and replace all of the bad units in the field. Piece of cake!
I have been holding off on the purchase of an SF rechargable so I will stay tuned to this customer service nightmare channel for further developments.--Marc

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
if it's an inside source it's not recognized. they knew about this and continued to sell to people who depend on them like police/fire. they have to do a hell of alot more than recognize.

like i've said before, they rule lithiums but their rechargables suck.

streamlight is the only rechargable i need.

there i go slamming surefire again.
rolleyes.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup...At least they recognized it, let's hope an amivable solution can be found between SF and all the CN400 users out there...

Thanks!!
-dan

P.S. This is x-posted to 186thousand.com