Puzzled ?

toyman

Newly Enlightened
Hi I have a 3d Mag host, a Kiu socket and switch. I powered this with 3 18650.
The MR 16 bulb flashed on for a second. :poof: Now a fresh bulb does not work at all. Any ideas? Thanks toyman

ejot

Enlightened
When you say "Kiu socket and switch", do you mean the Kiu socket kit installed into a stock Maglite switch, or something like AW's softstart switch/driver (which uses the Kiu socket)?

I'm assuming these are 12V MR16 bulbs. Do you know what the lifetime rating on them is? Have you verified that the first bulb did actually :poof: ? You can test continuity across the pins or just try directly powering the bulb from another source.

toyman

Newly Enlightened
When you say "Kiu socket and switch", do you mean the Kiu socket kit installed into a stock Maglite switch, or something like AW's softstart switch/driver (which uses the Kiu socket)?

I'm assuming these are 12V MR16 bulbs. Do you know what the lifetime rating on them is? Have you verified that the first bulb did actually :poof: ? You can test continuity across the pins or just try directly powering the bulb from another source.

I mean Kiu socket kit installed also includes the switch. The bulbs are 12 volt.
The last bulb when shaken had pieces rattling around. Is it possible that I burned out the socket and switch? Thanks

ejot

Enlightened
:thinking: .... :shrug:

In that case, you'll need to find someone more clever than I am, to help you out. Not sure what could have gone wrong, but I don't think 3 LiIons should come close to instaflashing even a short lifetime 12V bulb.