Rechargeable LED torches?

Kieran1981

Newly Enlightened
Hi, appart from getting a Magcharger (Maglight rechargeable) and dropping a terralux 700 lumens LED in, what other LED torches/flashlights are available that are rechargeable? Could people please list some for me? I have seen the Olight Intimidator rated at 2200 lumens but it's £315 in the UK and don't think I have that kind of money to spend yet. What options do I have? I read that some of these LED torches like the Lenser X21 can't use rechargeable batteries for some reason.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Other option would be to buy the light you want and that can use 18650 rechargeable battery's, this would greatly improve the amount of lights you can choose from.

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
most decent brands out there accept some variety of rechargable batteries. i'd go with some AA light and some eneloops and a good smart charger.

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
It depends on what you are looking for? If you are looking for a police type light, Pelican 7060, Streamlight stinger, ect. come with a charging dock. If you are looking for a BIG search type light like the SR90, you will defenately pay for it!! There are MANY lights that take rechargeables that go into a separate charger. I use the Olight M30 and Jetbeam III M on a regular basis. AW batteries are probably the most popular but there is also a wide variety to choose from. What type of light are you looking for? Every day carry(EDC), work? Around thr house? NEW TOY?!!!!! :welcome:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds if you are based in the UK,not knowing what you want your light for but take a look in the places you would not think of as they all sell rechargeable lights.I am thinking of places heavily advertised like Screwfix -Machine Mart Arco etc.Dewalt and Stanley for instance plus many others.

Led Lenser do a small plug in your car rechargeable light.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pila GL3 is the best $130 I spent on a rechargeable light, hands down. I'm still on the original set of 300P's. The IBC charger comes with it so you just can't go wrong.

Kieran1981

Newly Enlightened
Ok am looking down the 18650 batteries avenue for more options, but I only want one that takes 2 of these batteries as I can't seem to find any chargers that will charge more than 2 18650 batteries at the same time so it would be a pain to keep charging them. I have found a UltraFire WF-1200L upto now, would they be any good? I hear the bigger ultrafire WF-1300 like in this link is a good thrower: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultrafire-WF-...ewItemQQptZUS_Flashlights?hash=item2559860ec1

BUT it takes 3 batteries so would be a pain to charge 2 batteries, then one on it's own. Unless anyone knows of a charger that does 3? Anyway, what is the brightest LED torch I could get that would easily dazzle and could be used as a weapon if needed? I am a security guard which is why I want these features.