• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: Modding service with a tight time-frame

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

I am the very proud father of a two year old flashaholic daughter. Almsot every morning (we are up before the sun) after I get her from her room, she grabs a light off my nightstand and we "find" things all over the room. It's a ton of fun. What is NOT so much fun is having a 180 lumen light blasted into my dark adjusted eyes, or a $500 light thrown on the tile bathroom floor. Sure, you say, I could just put most of my lights away....Bahahahahahaha. I want an excuse to buy her an awesome light for her birthday. Which is in 16 days...hence the tight timeframe.

Anyway...this is what I want:
EASY clicky and or twisty switch (she can operate the novatac clicky and a Mcgizmo twisty, but not a Quark clicky).
1 cell, can be AA, or CR123 (prefered, actually). Nothing too small because it's hard for her to manipulate (Sapphire) or too big (she's pretty small.
Low powered. No more than say 10-20 lumens, but with a nice enough white enough beam, more flood than throw, but SOME hotspot that she can "put" on daddy, or on the ceiling, the dog, etc.
Insane runtimes.
Indestructable, and hopefully waterproof, for bathtime use.

Ideally, i was thinking an E1E with a low powered one stage led module and a surefire momentary on push/ twisty switch.

Cost isn't really a factor within some reason.

Any thoughts? Any non-modded lights that might fit the bill that I'm not thinking of because I'm a bit of a custom whore?

If you can build one of these (or have one!!) and get it to me within the timeframes I need....let's talk!!! Thanks for helping me raise a proper flashaholic!

Last edited:

lisantica

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few flashlights that come to mind are:

Surefire E1L body with a single stage KL1 head and McClicky Tailcap with silicone McGizmo boot. The Lumens are a bit high in it, but it's a joy to use, super durable.

The other thought is an iTP EOS A1, only $24.95, durable, a bit chunky compared to say a Sapphire. Has low, medium, and high. She's not going to smoke daddies flashlights with it, but she'll have some proper lumens and durability, plus if she loses it, there isn't a lot invested.

Lumapower Incendio is another. Nice, easy clickable tail, adequate flood and throw.

Lisa

Last edited:

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the thoughts.

I would rather stick to one (LOW!) stage so she can't blast me or her (sleeping) mom with high lumens. I would love to do that surefire set up with a somehow modded to really low one stage.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK--Looks like I've got something in the works. Pics will hopefully follow right after her birthday!!

The details are secret, but I might let some of them out as the time nears.

damn_hammer

Enlightened
I've been looking at the Peak Logan, and it sounds like it would fit what you're looking for. 1xCR123, or RCR123, single mode, available in various output levels and materials (brass, SS, HA aluminum) you choose. Also with or without a switch. I do not have experience with their turn around time however.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3221202&postcount=1

Loving the looks of the Stainless Steel.
http://www.em-mgt.com/LED/Logan.html

Logan2SS.jpg

Last edited:

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
PK designed ICON or Modus- even rated bathtub safe- high/low- Modus has polymer body- 10- 80 Lumen AA body. :popcorn:

notsofast

Enlightened
You got my attention!! I will be watching this thread closely.

I have a E1e that I really like and would really love, if it were a 2 mode LED.