ThruNite XPG-R5 1.5 amp 3 mode.

weklund

Enlightened
Just received my XP-G P60 2.7V-9V 1.5 amp and dropped it into a FM 2x"C" host running on two AW "C - size" 3.7V 3300 mAh and must say I am very impressed. Flawless beam pattern on all levels. Bright white tint with virtually no artifacts. Smooth as a Kitten's wrist. I stongly recommend you try one of these fine emitters as you will not be dissapointed. Kudos to Jay for the swift shipping and excellent customer service......
evilgrin07.gif

TN1.jpg

Hot spot on High @ 8 feet. White ceiling.

OP Reflector

TN2.jpg

Last edited:

weklund

Enlightened
Have you measured amps at the tail?

Negative. I am not that sophisticated. I do know what I like and I like what I see in this emitter from all aspects. I do have several R5 drops to compare it to such as Malkoff M61 and I have to say I prefer the tint and output of the Thrunite over the M61. Might be comparing appels and oranges yet I am very happy with both. I think this new drop-in is very versatile and utilitarian with an outstanding beam pattern at every level.

357mag1

Enlightened
Have you measured amps at the tail?

I just checked my ThruNite XPG 1.5 amp single mode 2.7-9v and it is drawing 890ma at the tail using two 18350 batteries. My new (just arrived today) 2.7-4.2v three mode draws 1.75 amps on high using an IMR 18650 battery. I can't tell any difference between the two on a white wall.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Negative. I am not that sophisticated. I do know what I like and I like what I see in this emitter from all aspects. I do have several R5 drops to compare it to such as Malkoff M61 and I have to say I prefer the tint and output of the Thrunite over the M61. Might be comparing appels and oranges yet I am very happy with both. I think this new drop-in is very versatile and utilitarian with an outstanding beam pattern at every level.

Could you possibly post beamshots of those you have? I have the nailbender XP-G and am considering another. I'm looking for one with a more defined hotspot. Thanks.

weklund

Enlightened
Could you possibly post beamshots of those you have? I have the nailbender XP-G and am considering another. I'm looking for one with a more defined hotspot. Thanks.
I will post a three emitter comparison later today or tomorrow morning. The ThruNite XP-G has a very nice semi heavy OP reflector texture that creates the most pleasing R5 hotspot that I have yet to see.

TN2.jpg

Last edited:

anonymoususer

Newly Enlightened
Please consider doing a thorough Malkoff M61 vs ThruNite XP-G 1.5A comparison.

susuman

Newly Enlightened
Weklund,
Can you check , is the drop in have correct Mid and Low mode. I have the 2.7v-4.2v 3 modes drop in, which has the High, Mid and Low well spread!

Anyway, I will get a Single Mode, which I prefer to put that in my C2 with twisty tailcap, ordering another 2,7-4.2v 3 modes though, the drop in just awesome, and I like the wide spill too.

Last edited: