E1DL

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to share what I got in the mail today.

scaledIMG_9668.jpg

scaledIMG_9676.jpg

scaledIMG_9688.jpg

scaledIMG_9706.jpg

And here's the best part (to me)

scaledIMG_9685.jpg

That's right, it runs off of one primary.

I had Milky swap out the bezels from an E2DL onto an E1B, so I can have the strike bezel and run it on one primary. Sure, I could've run rechargeables with the E2DL head, but I find primaries more convenient. Or I could've just used and E1B head, but to me, it looks like something that I would rather not say. It's all stock Surefire parts just swapped around.

notsofast

Enlightened
I tried running my E2DL head on a single RCR123 and it wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

It will with an AW imr 550mAh.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he's referring to the Battery Station RCR123 cells. My experiences with them has been hit or miss as well. Sometimes they're great, though.

Tubig,

Glad you got that bezel swap worked out. The end result looks great! :thumbsup:

knightrider

Enlightened
I think he's referring to the Battery Station RCR123 cells. My experiences with them has been hit or miss as well. Sometimes they're great, though.

Thanks for the info gswitter, I bet you are right about him referring to the RCRs. Sorry, just a little confused as I like the Battery Station primaries and have not had any disappointment with them.

As for rechargeables, I do always go for AWs. They keep going, and going, and going....

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if I've tried the Battery Station cells in a high drain application. They've generally performed fine for me otherwise, though their self-discharge rate has been much higher for me than AW cells. And Battery Station has been one of the more egregious offenders at overstating capacities (900mAh?!?!?), though no one's innocent here when it comes to protected RCR123's.

But, one big point in favor of the Battery Station cells has been fit - in my experience, if the host can take primary cells, it will fit Battery Station rechargeable cells, and there was a time when this was not the case with AW cells (though recent AW cells have been equally compatible).

Anyway, back on topic...

Tubig, you're E1DL looks great, which seems odd for me to say, since I've been considering getting rid of the pointy bits from my E2DL.

aingel2k1

Newly Enlightened
OK, I kinda got confused with all the questions... But you took an "E2DL" head, and had the "innards" of a "E1B" put into it...??? then you put it on an E1 body with an E2DL tail on it...???

It Looks SWEET, nice idea...
Ive taken a liking to the "single" cell lights...:thumbsup:

adbowell

Newly Enlightened
So...where might I find someone willing to part with one of these E1DLs? Or...who did the work to replace the guts? I'm currently running an E1B which I added a Z68 tailcap onto...but I'd really like something just a tad more aggressive and this looks exactly like what I'm looking for!

As an aside, have you had an issues with snagging? I usually the E1B in my right pocket. Think I'd have any problem if I swapped out for an "E1DL"?

WESBC

Newly Enlightened
So...where might I find someone willing to part with one of these E1DLs? Or...who did the work to replace the guts? I'm currently running an E1B which I added a Z68 tailcap onto...but I'd really like something just a tad more aggressive and this looks exactly like what I'm looking for!

As an aside, have you had an issues with snagging? I usually the E1B in my right pocket. Think I'd have any problem if I swapped out for an "E1DL"?

Milkyspit did the modification for me.

No issues with snagging, though that's not saying much because I typically pocket carry my E2DL instead.

Here are some pics of it with an E1B for comparison:
scaledIMG_1057.jpg