Fenix TK10 low battery indicator

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see that the TK10 supposedly has a low battery or low voltage indicator, that it's supposed to flicker or strobe when voltage is low. However, I have never see my TK10 do this when the batteries get low. I have only ran surefire CR123 primaries in it, maybe thats why? Does this low voltage indicator only work when using rechargables or is their something wrong with my light?

JCD

Enlightened
I see that the TK10 supposedly has a low battery or low voltage indicator, that it's supposed to flicker or strobe when voltage is low. However, I have never see my TK10 do this when the batteries get low. I have only ran surefire CR123 primaries in it, maybe thats why? Does this low voltage indicator only work when using rechargables or is their something wrong with my light?

My PD30 does this on Turbo when cells are getting low, but I've only noticed it with primaries.

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I guess I'm not saying it's never done it, it's that I've never noticed. Maybe it's because I'm always switching back and forth between general and turbo mode, too often for me to have noticed. There's probably nothing wrong with the light, it's just that I can sometimes I can be a little OCD about my lights thats all.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, my TK10 has clearly visible flicker with Panasonic primary CR123 short before the brightness drops to the low mode, so I don't think Surefire batteries would make any exception.

Regards, Patric

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, my TK10 has clearly visible flicker with Panasonic primary CR123 short before the brightness drops to the low mode, so I don't think Surefire batteries would make any exception.

Regards, Patric

Is it a very slight flicker or is it more like a very visible strobe? How long does the flicker last? 30 seconds, 2 minutes? My TK10 does drop to low mode when the batteries get low, and now that I think about it I may have seen the light slightly flicker before but I'm just not sure about it hence my post. My confusion may be that I was expecting more of a very noticable strobe rather than just flickering. I just loaded my TK10 up with fresh batterys today so it will be a while before I get a chance to see if it does indeed flicker.