sst 90 driver for 3.7v battery for halcyon proteus 3 canister light

Dashrynn

Newly Enlightened
Pardon my ignorance, i have been sifting through endless forum posts alllll day long and i finally decided to join and just ask.

proteus3large.jpg

I have very little experience with soldering and drivers and leds. But i want to modify a halcyon proteus 3 hid to accommodate a sst 90. so basicaly i need a new battery, led and driver.

I have 4 18650 batteries left over (3.7 2400) from a last dive light that malfunctioned (not my design) and i want to make a battery pack out of those if all possible.

I saw some drivers but it said the minimum volts were 6 or something.

Thanks all :popcorn:

Dashrynn

Newly Enlightened
im guessing a 12v battery would be sufficient? What about the h6cc? I know h20doc is building one with it.

My initial plan is change out the battery then change out the hid with a led.

hwdsndf

Newly Enlightened
the biggest problem is heat, that proteus lighthead is delrin, which instead of wicking the heat to the surrounding water will actually have an insulating effect, which will fry emitter and electronics in short order.

I have built a number of led divelights and the only way to manage heat on high powered emitters is to us the lighthead itself as a heatsink which requires that you build it out of material that will conduct heat, like aluminum. I have a prototype SST-50 lighthead made from aluminum and it works great.